Brompton used pricing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I doubt very much you'll need the telescopic post, I have the same IL as you and I don't need it. The blue is very nice The Fragrant Mrs P has that colour get it bought.

I know I needed a longer seatpost when I almost bought one, I don't recall it being telescopic though

berlinonaut

Veteran
Mrs Tenkaykev pointed out We’ve 7 bikes between us, 5 of which are Brommies 🤔
To even this out you clearly need another Brommie. :smile:

Nibor

Bewildered
I know I needed a longer seatpost when I almost bought one, I don't recall it being telescopic though

I have the longer one and am nearly at the top setting on it with a 31 inside leg my brother who is 2 inches taller has the elescopic one

Tenkaykev

Guru
I have the longer one and am nearly at the top setting on it with a 31 inside leg my brother who is 2 inches taller has the elescopic one

I'm fortunate in that the fully extended standard post is spot on for me with my " M " style bars. When I jump on my less frequently used " S " bar Brommie it feels really precarious for a little while until I get used to it. I was considering fitting some Joseph Kuosac mid rise bars to match the height of the " M " bars which would also mean replacing the cables. I experimented with lowering the seat post from the fully extended position and found that worked really well.

Kell

Veteran
The inside leg measurement isn't the final measurement for the seatpost IME.

I used to have my cleats set up very far forward as I prefer to pedal toe down. Some people prefer to pedal heel down.

Over the last couple of years I've moved them back after watching a series of videos. This obviously has an impact on the overall height and I've found my old seat post sleeve made the seat too high. As it happened, @Tenkaykev very generoulsy sent me several as his seatpost is perfect without them.

Also, I recently snapped one of my saddle rails, but was using a colour Brompton saddle I bought very shortly after getting the bike. I replaced it with the orginal black version and, again, my seat was too high as the saddle hadn't worn in to the same degree.

I have a 32" inside leg and have the extended rather than the telescopic post and it's not at the top. A lot will depend on how you pedal and which seat you have. It will depend on how your pentaclip is set up.

I'd avoid the extended one if possible as it's just more weight to lug about if you don't need it.

That said, when I hired a Brompton, it came with the telescopic post and I found it useful. You can set the height perfectly by pulling the bottom section up fully and then setting the top section to the height that works for you. When folding it down, you only collapse the bottom section and leave the top locked. this way it's always the perfect height, without the need for the seat post insert.

I also found that even leaving the top section locked in place, I ended up with a smaller folded package than when I switched to my own bike with the extended post.

Last edited:
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I’m watching one on eBay that is local. Auction ends Sunday so will see what happens, at the moment it’s a lot less than a new one!

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I have a new C Line Explore sitting in a website basket, just under £1200 with a discount voucher...just need to procrastinate a bit more (especially as I have to pay a deposit to reserve) :angel:

Well…
it’s sold out now so that‘s that on that new one.

Let‘s see what comes to pass on eBay tomorrow

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Forget eBay. Look on cycling forums, Facebook, or in newsagents' windows. Search for "folding bike" and "fold up bike" as well. In 2021 I bought an immaculate M3L for £320 and a grubby but perfectly good S6L for £300. In the same week.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Forget eBay. Look on cycling forums, Facebook, or in newsagents' windows. Search for "folding bike" and "fold up bike" as well. In 2021 I bought an immaculate M3L for £320 and a grubby but perfectly good S6L for £300. In the same week.

I’m quite happy using eBay. I’ve looked at Gumtree too and Facebook (all the ones anywhere close are black and/or look dodgy).
I’m not able to traipse around London to get one at the moment or around newsagents (not that any have classified ads in the windows in these parts)

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Well…
it’s sold out now so that‘s that on that new one.

Let‘s see what comes to pass on eBay tomorrow

And the 2012 eBay one is up to £850 overnight with another 11+ hours to go!
I‘ve an offer of a 2022 C line Explore via Gumtree for £950…hmmmm

Top Bottom