Brooks Saddles - any bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ushills

Veteran
I have taken delivery (30 mins ago :hyper:) of the Spa Cycles version of the Brooks saddle. Seems pretty much the same but a whole lot cheaper ... :thumbsup:

I'm impressed thus far - comes in a nice wee bag, with care instructions, Alan key and spanner (for the locknut) and a non-shiny (= less slippery ?) surface. Ordered at 1815 on Wed, delivered Friday 0830. :bravo:

Looking forward to giving it a ride. :bicycle:

I've ordered this one

http://www.spacycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b0s81p2669

being of the sporty variety, hoping it's as good as it looks.

PS. Couldn't justify the price of a Brookes Swift.

ushills

Veteran
Have you got/ordered some Proofide too ? Cheapest at Spa ... :whistle: ... free delivery with the saddle ... :thumbsup:

I forgot ... so have to wait to get it :rolleyes:.

I have a load of Brasher leather treatment that I use on my walking boots so going to use that.

It hasn't overly softened by boots so assume it will be okay for my saddle as well.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I have taken delivery (30 mins ago :hyper:) of the Spa Cycles version of the Brooks saddle. Seems pretty much the same but a whole lot cheaper ... :thumbsup:

I'm impressed thus far - comes in a nice wee bag, with care instructions, Alan key and spanner (for the locknut) and a non-shiny (= less slippery ?) surface. Ordered at 1815 on Wed, delivered Friday 0830. :bravo:

Looking forward to giving it a ride. :bicycle:
That does look the part,might go for one myself to put on my MTB which is being used as a strong commuter.Like my Brooks but i'm skint and cannot justify spending a load on another seat.Is it slimish i shape ?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
It's not slimish - it's much the same as a regular brooks B17 but with a draw-chord underneath to pull in the 'side flaps', thereby tightening/raising the sitting area and narrowing the bit where one's thighs might rub. (The draw-chord can just be seen in the pic in the ref)

Spa's other saddles are thinner - check here for details.

theloafer

Legendary Member
+1
There are racing models such as the Swift or Swallow, and touring models like the B17 wide and some with springs (off-road or tandem stoker). In between are the Pro and Colt. Most are available with titanium rails. For most of us who spend a long time on the bike, they're still the most comfortable.

Top Bottom