Brooks Saddles - any bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The OP said he had not ridden over the winter. Therein lies the problem. A few weeks time, they will be fine. Sudocreme. In the meantime though.

OP
OP
Paulq

Paulq

Bike Rider, Beer Drinker, Biscuit Eater.
You know what I have had many a torturous experience with new saddles and have never used Sudocreme yet. Is it a before or after application? :blink:

OP
OP
Paulq

Paulq

:laugh::laugh:

No I know - I should have been more specific. What I meant was do I use Sudocreme on my derriere before a ride or after? :laugh:

tyred

Legendary Member
A Brooks saddle can be fitted to any bike.

A bike without a Brooks saddle is not fit for purpose imo and I would love to punch whoever designed the horrid plastic thing on my winter fixed gear bike.:cursing:

OP
OP
Paulq

Paulq

A Brooks saddle can be fitted to any bike.

A bike without a Brooks saddle is not fit for purpose imo and I would love to punch whoever designed the horrid plastic thing on my winter fixed gear bike.:cursing:

I have always used Specialized BG saddles before now with varying degrees of success. However I am very tempted to give a Brooks Swift a go on my Sirrus and, if a success, the Scott as well.

Expensive though.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I have a couple of Specialized, one on the TT bike, one on the road iron. They're okay, but then almost any saddle's okay up to 30 miles or so. I did use one of them for a 600km event by way of an experiment, but the Brooks still wins for comfort.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I took the B17N off my MTB (and subsequently sold it to MacB.) It looked as incongruous as a small pterodactyl perched atop a Kindle. Worked fine though.

Hicky

Guru
The OP said he had not ridden over the winter. Therein lies the problem. A few weeks time, they will be fine. Sudocreme. In the meantime though.

Wish you'd have wrote that in December:blush:, my B17N is still rock hard.....luckily I have zero sensitivity so dont notice.:crazy:

postman

Legendary Member
E, Mr Paul. I know whats wrong with your saddle.It's got and extra E in it.That why it's so uncomfortable.Drop the E as soon as possible,and hey presto.A lovely ride is guaranteed.:rolleyes:

jayonabike