B'Twin Triban 3 - Any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colin w

Regular
Hi Colin, yes I'm still in love with my T3, I also saw the excellent review in Cycling Active - I think that has persuaded a lot more people to order one! As I said I am 5'5" with 29 inch inside leg, the 54 frame is fine for me and all I've changes are the pedals, mainly 'cos I already had SPD shoes. I have read a lot of people on here who have bought one and instantly changed the wheels, saddle, pedals, brakes, etc but to my mind there is no need - to be fair the lights are crap so might as well remove them. Climbs are always hard for me no matter what bike I am on - that is more to do with my level of fitness rather than the bike! However on the downhills I find it easy to keep up with much faster/fitter mates. As I said it's hard to beat as an entry level road bike, I was looking for a while and couldn't believe the price when I found it, has everything I need. Let me know if you need any more info. Regards, Mark
hi mark many thanks mate i will be going over to get the 54 sized one after the store told me they have got them avalible[there website says its out of stock, and going by my height they said 54 should be fine but want me over for proper fitting which i thought was very good lol as halfords would never offer much help] thanks for he info on local club if i have my triban 3 in time i might sign up for i i think i seen something called the tour de forth lol sounds great,i will also be upgrading to spd pedals but will stick with tires untill there needing replaced thanks again mark your review is very much appreciated sir....colin.

Fubar

Guru
hi mark many thanks mate i will be going over to get the 54 sized one after the store told me they have got them avalible[there website says its out of stock, and going by my height they said 54 should be fine but want me over for proper fitting which i thought was very good lol as halfords would never offer much help] thanks for he info on local club if i have my triban 3 in time i might sign up for i i think i seen something called the tour de forth lol sounds great,i will also be upgrading to spd pedals but will stick with tires untill there needing replaced thanks again mark your review is very much appreciated sir....colin.

No worries Colin. I thought Decathlon at Hermiston Gait were very good, couldn't fault them to be honest - if you are after a road bike you won't regret the T3. Regards, Mark

colin w

Regular
No worries Colin. I thought Decathlon at Hermiston Gait were very good, couldn't fault them to be honest - if you are after a road bike you won't regret the T3. Regards, Mark
cheers mark yes that the same store i will be getting it from guy called callum is very helpfull.....col.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I spotted one while i was out today. I asked he rider if could have a little ride on it but he seemed a bit apprehensive like i might nick it or something. Anyway,he let me feel the weight and sit on it and i was impressed by the feel and look of the bike. He'd left the clip peddles on which spoilt the look of the bike, but apart from that it's a :thumbsup:

style over speed

riding a f**king bike
+1 for this bike, a friend of mine got one yesterday from lakeside decathalon, the gears and brakes were pretty well set up, stem bolts were a bit incorrectly torqued but I flipped the stem up so didn't really matter… seems incredibly good value bike and looks nice too. Only obvious flaws are saddle and peddles but for the price amazing :highfive:

style over speed

riding a f**king bike
Is there clearance for 28 size tyres, on this bike? I have a spare pair of 700 x 28 gatorskins but guess they might be too big.

I find the stock saddle quite comfy :smile:

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
At first I found that after more than 20 miles in the saddle I got a little numb :blush:... but have now had the bike for about 3 weeks and it feels pretty comfy (have many a time added a seat to my basket online then thought that I'd better give it a little time).

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Is there clearance for 28 size tyres, on this bike? I have a spare pair of 700 x 28 gatorskins but guess they might be too big.

May be a squeeze......took some pics for you to judge for yourself.. View attachment 12311 View attachment 12311 20120904_170253.jpg

Top Bottom