B'Twin Triban 3 - Any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Billy Adam

Would that mean I'd need a new derailleur and shifters too?
Yeah that would be the case. But if you want to keep eight speed then that would be a lot cheaper. You could replace rear cassette for about £20.00 (SRAM pg850)
Sora front chainset inc bottom bracket £32.00 (Merlin cycles) and a new chain for less than a tenner.

D

Deleted member 20519

Yeah that would be the case. But if you want to keep eight speed then that would be a lot cheaper. You could replace rear cassette for about £20.00 (SRAM pg850)
Sora front chainset inc bottom bracket £32.00 (Merlin cycles) and a new chain for less than a tenner.

Only £32 for the chainset? That is A LOT cheaper than I was expecting. I reckon for £60, I'll just stick with 8 speed. Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Billy Adam

Only £32 for the chainset? That is A LOT cheaper than I was expecting. I reckon for £60, I'll just stick with 8 speed. Thanks for the info :thumbsup:
This the route I've gone down jaz, and the difference is like night and day. Have you still got the original wheels on?

D

Deleted member 20519

This the route I've gone down jaz, and the difference is like night and day. Have you still got the original wheels on?

I replaced the original wheels with Fulcrum 7's in December - it made a world of difference :biggrin:

D

Deleted member 20519

Also, do you have a link to a decent cassette and chain to buy to go along with the new chainset?

Billy Adam

Is there a noticeable difference between the stock 12-25 cassette?
Yes don't use granny at all now unless climbing a wall :smile: , and the 11 cog is a lot faster on the flat. Changing is a lot quieter and smoother.
Should've said sora 3500 not tiagra (that a 10)

Top Bottom