BUG OUT,SURVIVAL Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Velominati

Velominati

This could help with traffic congestion, if the cars don't move you simply unstrap the bazooka and blast a clear path through the traffic, people will also think twice about cutting you up.
swiss-arm-bike-anti-tank.jpg

OP
OP
Velominati

Velominati

Well, I can use my bike frame to store cans. Sideways. Or beer. Or wine. Actually, whisky, yes definitely whisky.
Seriously, what kind of mad person would want to be on their own in a forest and away from civilisation with nothing but whisky for company. Come to think of it, when Armageddon comes and everyone heads for the hills, they will see you on your alcohol bike, I reckon you could be quite popular.

loopybike

Veteran
Seriously, what kind of mad person would want to be on their own in a forest and away from civilisation with nothing but whisky for company. Come to think of it, when Armageddon comes and everyone heads for the hills, they will see you on your alcohol bike, I reckon you could be quite popular.

Alone. In a forest. With a load of whisky? Call me a mad person if you want, but I'd settle for that over smacking zombies round the head with a cricket bat!

Anyone who doesn't think the US is in the midst of a zombie apocalypse hasn't been watching the election coverage.

Don't worry, your next president but one will be Lisa Simpson.

Seriously, what kind of mad person would want to be on their own in a forest and away from civilisation with nothing but whisky for company.

What kind of mad person would want to be on their own, in a forest and away from civilisation without whisky??

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
My plan, exactly.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Actually, a good many people do overnight camping on bikes, (when you do it with a backpack it's called an S24O, for some reason) and such bicycles are quite useful for that, if you don't mind all the negatives to that scenario.
1-Riding an MTB on the road with off-road tires
2-Being in a group of people wearing backpacks and heading for the woods.
3-Such folks maybe being a group which may not, from the look of this activity, know anything about :
a) bicycles .
b) backpacks.
c) the woods.
d) all of the above.

But if you don't paint it in dark colours the Zombies will find you. Even the Challenger tank is reliable but they still paint it in camouflage.

For those of a certain age there were the "Defence Diaries of W Morgan Petty"

Basically a guy who declares his house (3 Cherry Drive, Canterbury) and independent and tries to defend it. The book is the letters he sends off to various companies and individuals

He applies for quote to the Royal Ordnance for a Challenger Tank and a hedger trimmer attachment, aslo inquiring about colours - Royal Ordnance reply that "Cricket Pitch Green" is probably best and it will be £1.5m

He then applies to the NatWest chairman for a loan, who suggests a Jumble Sale to raise £1,499, 600 and he would be delighted to approve a loan for the balance

The letters and often deadpan replies make the book

A brilliant book that has lost some of its context with the changes in History, but well worth a read

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
If people have any sense at all,(no, I don't have any guns, either), they will realize their dependence on modern society for things like medicine and health care, groceries and energy, as well as transportation, and avoid the collapse of society at all costs, instead of wasting their time and money preparing for an eventuality that will be bemoaned by all who must suffer its consequences. At this point, even the mid 20th century lifestyle would require some difficult adaptations for those who had to adapt to it. Better to pull together than fall apart separately.

Top Bottom