BUG OUT,SURVIVAL Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've had one for a few years, an old Raleigh 'Outland'

$_35.JPG

This one isn't mine but is very similar apart from a rack, mine is at the back of the shed behind 4 others sans saddle at the moment (I nicked the green B17 to put on the trike)
It was built to look like it wasn't worth anything unless you spotted all the Deore components, never gets cleaned other than the braking surface of the rims and the chain/rear mech but it is mechanically perfect.
I'd always referred to it as a 'Green Lane Tourer' though and also use it for commuting to jobs in 'rougher' areas where it has to be left outside, wrap a plaggy bag around the saddle and it looks like a 'piece of $h1t'.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
and keeps the rain, etc. off.
I've got a couple of the Brooks 'raincovers' but they look far too posh to leave the bike where it has to be parked sometimes (plus you can tell it has a Brooks on)

EDIT

brooks-saddle-cover.jpg

I sense you have an issue with the whole bug out bike thing, I feel that you may be one of those poor individuals who does not want to face the reality of Armageddon, I am here for you should you need to talk about it. Sending you a big hug.:smile:

Count me in as one of those poor individuals,as I'm seeing no difference other than a bike painted in camo,with camping gear on it.
Maybe Tom Berenger would have more use for one,in his next Sniper instalment

I've got a couple of the Brooks 'raincovers' but they look far too posh to leave the bike where it has to be parked sometimes (plus you can tell it has a Brooks on)

EDIT

brooks-saddle-cover.jpg
Way off topic for this thread, but go to a big train station and check out the bike racks. Advertisers commonly put seat covers on all the bicycles advertising whatever. If there are lots the same, then it's fair game. Take one from a bike that looks like it's been there a while. The owner will never know that had it, so won't miss it. Fits perfectly, and looks cheap&nasty. Oh, and is cheap and nasty, but does the job as well as the brooks one.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Way off topic for this thread, but go to a big train station and check out the bike racks. Advertisers commonly put seat covers on all the bicycles advertising whatever. If there are lots the same, then it's fair game. Take one from a bike that looks like it's been there a while. The owner will never know that had it, so won't miss it. Fits perfectly, and looks cheap&nasty. Oh, and is cheap and nasty, but does the job as well as the brooks one.
Tesco shopping bag. :becool:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
You are going with the decoy, nothing worth stealing here, ploy?
Yep, If I'm out on the 653 TT bike (Brooks Swift Titanium) or the Raleigh 531 (Brooks Swallow 2004 Ltd edition Titanium) and they're chained up where I can see em (through the pub window) i'll use the posh covers if it's raining.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
That would explain all those preppers stockpiling their food.
th?&id=OIP.Mf0d09a71e3f9c4b68be0c8cc8af46bf3o0&w=299&h=235&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

I was clearly channeling @User when I tried to emulate this ....

IMG_3832.JPG

My first mistake was the test-ride to Waitrose.

I've also been out to get some spray paint, the man at the counter asked what colour I wanted and when I asked for Camouflage he stated he didn't have any and tried to sell me two or three other colours. Git.

Top Bottom