Build your own Road bike :O

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
:biggrin: Couldn't resist it but actually when i ordered it, from the description I was expecting it to graduate from Black to Grey (as do the forks). I'll keep it for a while and replace with plain Black at some stage. it's pretty thick and confy though :smile:

No Homebrew - working Tonight... all through the night :smile:

Oddjob - it's only hamsters - not seatposts I like... there!

Radius

SHREDDER
Looking good SD, another vote for the Charge Spoon here, got it on my hybrid, looks good and well made, plus comfy.

redjedi

Über Member
Sittingduck said:
Cool - I read some good reviews on it Redjedi. It's pretty cheap and looks the part too I think. How's your new drop conversion doing?

The Spoon was more comfortable than a couple of £50 ones I tried, well worth the £20 I paid.

The conversion will be done next weekend. I've got everything apart from the bars, which my LBS are ordering in for me.

I'm afraid I opted for very boring black tape for mine :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Radius said:

Black :smile:

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
It's....

Almost Done :biggrin:
Slight issue with rear brake compatibility and also I need to get a Campag lock ring tool to tighten it, before I ride the beast.

Excuse the picture quality:
10032009024.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
where is the plastic spoke protector on the rear wheel?
Also plastic reflectors in the spokes?

Only joking mate.. looks very nice indeed

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
ianrauk said:
where is the plastic spoke protector on the rear wheel?
Also plastic reflectors in the spokes?
Only joking mate.. looks very nice indeed

Heheh - the cassette and chain are sparkly and nice. Wonder how long it will last this way :biggrin:

Am slightly dissapointed with the saga of the rear brake and the small headtube means the bars are very low down. Haven't actually ridden it though yet so I will reserve judgement! :ohmy:

OP
OP
Sittingduck

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Triples not so easy to come by or afford so I decided to Man-up and get a Compact with a 13-26 cassette! :ohmy:;)

It'll be good for me to struggle up them hills :biggrin:

Oddjob62

I'm gradually starting to think that drops won't do me as much good as a new set of wheels, so might invest in a new pair of them instead of spending money on converting to drops.

Top Bottom