Bullying a female cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Yes if the very few 'bad guys' put you off going out by yourself..

Wherever, whenever, and wearing whatever you want to.

Then 'the bad guys' have won, and they are controlling other peoples behaviour, aren't they?

And we don't want that happening do we?

Just out of interest - how many guys on here have ever based choices about the colour of their jacket around whether or not it would make subject to unwanted attention from other road users ??

“To affirm that men and women are persons and as persons should be free, and yet to do nothing tangible to make this affirmation a reality, is a farce.”

“No one can be authentically human while he prevents others from being so.”

Paulo Freire

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
So it seems! You crudely misrepresented what he said, which was that there might be a connection between online behaviours and offline ones.
I see and hear the same things that you do, some of them nasty and vicious. I join up the dots in a different way and come to the conclusion that it probably isn't some kind of all-embracing evil conspiracy. That's all.

vickster

Legendary Member
If you take gender out of the equation and ask the question, "Should you help a fellow cyclist who is in distress ?" then its a no brainer ...
And what about the male cyclists who feel it's ok to catcall or shout abuse at female cyclists...? And yes, they do exist even if all the male riders on CC are knights in shining armour...there are scumbags on all forms of transport

rugby bloke

Veteran
And what about the male cyclists who feel it's ok to catcall or shout abuse at female cyclists...? And yes, they do exist even if all the male riders on CC are knights in shining armour...there are scumbags on all forms of transport
Fair point - they are equally as contemptible as the idiots in the original post.

U

User6179

It's happened only once, but I was out in my lycra enjoying a ride one day when a female motorist made an unsolicited sexual remark to me.

A clear case of toxic femininity and proof all woman are sexist!

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
It's happened only once, but I was out in my lycra enjoying a ride one day when a female motorist made an unsolicited sexual remark to me.

And did you feel threatened, or annoyed?

Probably not, because you knew full well she was no threat to you.

You possibly enjoyed the attention.

Women in the same situation rarely feel that carefree about it.

It's ingrained in them to be wary of men, from a young age.

Often for very good reason.

Women on bikes, or anywhere, cannot tell just by looking.

The difference between all the good knights of CC

And the @rseholes, who may do them harm..

Can you se the distinction here???

Top Bottom