Bus driver question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Ashtrayhead said:
To get back to the original question....why is there always an empty bottle that rolls around the top deck and then comes down the stairs on a sharp bend?

They always seem to end up jamming the door too.xx(

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Ashtrayhead said:
To get back to the original question....why is there always an empty bottle that rolls around the top deck and then comes down the stairs on a sharp bend?

Don't go getting all philisofical, physiological high brow on us xx(

Cab

magnatom said:
Sorry, I couldn't help this. I had to post this reply on the bus forum here. It is just so inaccurate it's unbelievable! I'm not bothering to post there any more but if anyone else cares to answer this chap please feel free!!xx(

I don't know what to say... Sometimes you encounter such staggering ignorance, its hard to know where to start correcting it.

Not fit to be let out on the roads that chap. Not because of his particular opinions, more just because of his stupidity.

Cab

A compilation of some of the finest moments from over there:

listen to mr i,m so eco fukwit holier than thou .come to edinburgh on yer bike you maybe go back to where you come from in a coffin

In Brighton there is a two way bus lane with a segregated cycle lane. the ****wits still cycle in the bus lane even though there is a perfectly safe cycle track right nearby. Laziness. Sheer laziness.

Simple basic law's of the world. Whose gunna win in an argument? a bus load of glasgow's finest after a hard day of work or some cyclist with lycra on? Dosn't matter what legislation there is... or what rights you have.

Guys, these people are... How shall I put it... No, I don't have to say anything, those comments speak for themselves.

Just steer a wide berth around that place, don't post there, don't invite them onto other fora, don't talk to them. Those who are ill advised enough to consier themselves members aren't who we would want here; I wouldn't stand by and consider myself part of any online community in which that kind of behaviour is acceptable.

They aren't representative of mainstream bus drivers, lets not credit them with any further responses. They're not worthy.

nethalus

gambatte said:
I’m actually tempted to go over there and ask if there is anyone from their own camp who would care to actually tell this guy how many counts he is wrong on.

Failing that ask if not doing so is just a case of ‘not feeding the trolls’

Don't worry I'll kick his butt for you for starting it all up again. And I don't mean kick his butt in a metaphorical sense, I mean in a physical sense, as my foot is in easy reach of his butt. Or perhaps I might put that rolling pin I recently acquired to good use;)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

nethalus said:
Don't worry I'll kick his butt for you for starting it all up again. And I don't mean kick his butt in a metaphorical sense, I mean in a physical sense, as my foot is in easy reach of his butt. Or perhaps I might put that rolling pin I recently acquired to good use;)

Do you two live together then?

nethalus

Here's a peculiar thing I once saw. I was heading towards the slip road of a motorway in a bus when ahead of me I notice a man frantically pedaling on his bicycle. I'm thinking, shall I warn him that this road only leads to the motorway, where if a copper sees him he could get nicked? Trouble is I couldn't think of a way to trying to warn the man that he was on a motorway slip road. I tried a couple of peeps of the horn but he ignored me and carried on. He was right over to the right hand side of the road, which meant he'd be in the outside lane when the slip road went into two lanes.
Fortunately for the cyclist this particular stretch of motorway has a 50mph speed limit (although we all know that speed limits are ignored by some motorists). I dread to think what would happen if it was a national speed limit stretch with vehicles traveling at 70mph+ and he's in the outside lane!
Never found out what happened to the cyclist as I had passed him and carried on up to the motorway. My gut feelings were that he may have been foreign and not realised the laws governing certain vehicles on motorways, ie that pedestrians, horses, cyclists, milkfloats, agricultural vehicles and motorbikes under a certain CC are prohibited.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Tell him, in as nice a way as possible, that he got his facts completely wrong (on nearly everything he wrote), tell him there will be no hanky panky for at least a month and demand that he writes on the bus forum, that he is a reformed man and he is going to take up cycling.

That should just about cover it I think :sad:

Oh and as for the numpty heading on to the motorway xx(

gazzaputt

Cycling down Battersea Park Road today where this is a bus lane and a cycle path. I always use the bus lane as the cycle path is unsafe for peds and cyclists.

Idiot bus driver comes up behind and sounds his horn I turn to see what he wants of course he's telling to get on the cycle path.

I point to the Bus lane sign which of course states Bicycles, Taxis and buses can use the lane.

He squeezes past and tries to run me off the road.

Sorry but I lost it then and I knocked seven bells out of the bus and lucky for him he didn't get out.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I often go along Queenstown road near there, and I'm surprised I've not yet had someone tell me to get on the cycle lane. Especially because it's dual lane so I tend to sit well out from the kerb.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

gazzaputt said:
Cycling down Battersea Park Road today where this is a bus lane and a cycle path. I always use the bus lane as the cycle path is unsafe for peds and cyclists.

Idiot bus driver comes up behind and sounds his horn I turn to see what he wants of course he's telling to get on the cycle path.

I point to the Bus lane sign which of course states Bicycles, Taxis and buses can use the lane.

He squeezes past and tries to run me off the road.

Sorry but I lost it then and I knocked seven bells out of the bus and lucky for him he didn't get out.

Gazzaputt,

If you didn't go too crazy you could always contact the bus company to find out if it has anything on CCTV. These buses often have several cameras on board.

Top Bottom