Bus driver question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
gambatte said:
THAT WAS ME!!!!!:biggrin::laugh::biggrin:

Sorry, and thank you! I couldn't remember who it was, and didn't see it on a quick look.

classic33

Leg End Member
If this still relates to the youtube video I'll Quote from a response from FirstBus, passed onto them by FirstLeeds.

"If any driver is found to be operating any equipment not related to the actual driving of the vehicle whilst in charge of that vehicle. Then that driver will face internal discipline procedures.

So maybe any bus driver operating a video camera whilst driving a FirstBus vehicle should watch what they are doing.

By the way no names given, just a question asked over the phone.

nethalus

classic33 said:
If this still relates to the youtube video I'll Quote from a response from FirstBus, passed onto them by FirstLeeds.

"If any driver is found to be operating any equipment not related to the actual driving of the vehicle whilst in charge of that vehicle. Then that driver will face internal discipline procedures.

So maybe any bus driver operating a video camera whilst driving a FirstBus vehicle should watch what they are doing.

By the way no names given, just a question asked over the phone.

But what was the reason for asking the bus company that question? I have already explained in a previous reply that I do not touch the camera while I am driving only when I am at the termini or at a stop, never at traffic lights.

domd1979

Veteran
Indeed. Doesn't strike me as crime of the century nor something that is jeopardising safety. If the camera is located out of the way, is only operated when the vehicle is stationary, I don't see a problem. Its not as though the camera is filming anything a bus fitted with forward facing CCTV wouldn't either.

Classic 33 - would you phone up a bus company to report every driver you see using a mobile phone, whilst parked up safely, but with the engine running?

nethalus said:
But what was the reason for asking the bus company that question? I have already explained in a previous reply that I do not touch the camera while I am driving only when I am at the termini or at a stop, never at traffic lights.

classic33

Leg End Member
Main one being to get the company policy on this sort of thing.
Secondly to see where such a complaint should be directed.

domd1979
Not if the vehicle was stationary. But given that the camera has been operated whilst behind the wheel of the bus(

), I feel that the question was a fair one.

If thats not to your taste how about reporting the matter to the company & traffic commission out Harehills Road in Leeds.

col

Legendary Member
nethalus said:

This is the same as having a cam attatched to a helmet,no safety issue there.:biggrin:

Cab

col said:
This is the same as having a cam attatched to a helmet,no safety issue there.:biggrin:

I agree. Probably no safety issue at all. Fact is though that it isn't up to us whether the company finds recording journeys by drivers acceptable. Its not our decision.

nethalus

classic33 said:
Main one being to get the company policy on this sort of thing.
Secondly to see where such a complaint should be directed.

domd1979
Not if the vehicle was stationary. But given that the camera has been operated whilst behind the wheel of the bus(

), I feel that the question was a fair one.

If thats not to your taste how about reporting the matter to the company & traffic commission out Harehills Road in Leeds.

The camera is switched on and it's recording but it's not being touched in anyway by the driver. It's just sat on it's own and been left to record what ever is happening. Are there any safety issues in the video itself? Does the driver jump any red lights? Run over any pedstrians? Drive in an erratic dangrous way? The answer if think you'll agree is no.

col

Legendary Member
Cab said:
I agree. Probably no safety issue at all. Fact is though that it isn't up to us whether the company finds recording journeys by drivers acceptable. Its not our decision.

Agreed,OMG i agreed with you,:biggrin:

Cab

nethalus said:
The camera is switched on and it's recording but it's not being touched in anyway by the driver. It's just sat on it's own and been left to record what ever is happening. Are there any safety issues in the video itself? Does the driver jump any red lights? Run over any pedstrians? Drive in an erratic dangrous way? The answer if think you'll agree is no.

Irrelevent to the bus company, it would seem.

Top Bottom