Buy A Bell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee_M

Guru
not really, if its a shared lane then fine - and it is further down the seafront, where I potter along nicely.

But this section is a completely separate area, delineated with kerbs and white lines and give way signs etc - specially created to get cyclists off the seafront pavement we used to use.

Peds however seem to be oblivious to the danger - frequently parking their little kids on there while they get crap out of their cars.

I dont think shouting a warning is wrong in those circumstances - admittedly I might be a bit loud but better than not shouting surely

fimm

Veteran
I tend to whistle. And slow down. Works pretty well (on shared use paths away from traffic, of course. In traffic I don't very often feel the need of a bell.)

Teuchter

Über Member
I dont think shouting a warning is wrong in those circumstances
So what's wrong with "Excuse me please", followed by a wave and "Thanks" when you pass?

I normally try to avoid cycle tracks for exactly this sort of reason. Road traffic is generally predictable, pedestrians generally aren't.

Lee_M

Guru
ok, in which case this is just terminology - screamed just means 'very loud' in this case.

Its a tourist trap, its very noisy, its full of fat obnoxious Essex chavs with their push chars full of benefit babies walking alongside tracksuit wearing yobs.

Shouting/Screaming/yelling is the only way to attract attention

Most people are grateful to be warned their little precious 'Chardonnay' is in the middl of a cycle lane, just the fat bloke yesterdy seemed put out.

I notice of course that those criticising me are from places like Erskine - where busy probably means two peds and a car a week :laugh:

Teuchter

Über Member
I notice of course that those criticising me are from places like Erskine - where busy probably means two peds and a car a week :laugh:
This is after all a remote backwater quite a way North of Watford. At least we seem to have manners however, that comment alone speaks volumes about yours.

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
ok, in which case this is just terminology - screamed just means 'very loud' in this case.

Its a tourist trap, its very noisy, its full of fat obnoxious Essex chavs with their push chars full of benefit babies walking alongside tracksuit wearing yobs.

Shouting/Screaming/yelling is the only way to attract attention

Most people are grateful to be warned their little precious 'Chardonnay' is in the middl of a cycle lane, just the fat bloke yesterdy seemed put out.

Forgive me, but, I feel you do come across as an angry ranter! You told us you "screamed, this is a cycle lane" and that they were idiots for being on the cycle lane.
I had an angry motorist yelling at me to "get off the f****"*g road and get on the cycle track" today. Do you think I felt that he had a point and maybe I should thank him for sharing his thoughts with me. Hmm, yeah, right!!!

Lee_M

Guru
Forgive me, but, I feel you do come across as an angry ranter! You told us you "screamed, this is a cycle lane" and that they were idiots for being on the cycle lane.
I had an angry motorist yelling at me to "get off the f****"*g road and get on the cycle track" today. Do you think I felt that he had a point and maybe I should thank him for sharing his thoughts with me. Hmm, yeah, right!!!

Well I do seem to have upset peoPle on here

Sorry all, I'll keep my mouth shut for a bit

Lee_M

Guru
Although it must be said I didn't say get off the cycle lane
I shouted "cycle lane" and they immediately know where to look

Anyway as I say it looks like I've pissed you all off or you seem
To want to misinterpret me so no more comments from me on this thread

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Although it must be said I didn't say get off the cycle lane
I shouted "cycle lane" and they immediately know where to look

Anyway as I say it looks like I've pissed you all off or you seem
To want to misinterpret me so no more comments from me on this thread
Hey, don't spin away from this or any other thread Lee_M. Your thoughts and opinions are as valid and as encouraged as everyone else's.
I think I would be misunderstood a lot more if I didn't just take a few seconds to read what I have written before posting.
The more passionate I feel about a thread, the more I need to re-read what I have written :smile:

Top Bottom