Bye bye p*nct*re fairy, it was nice knowing you.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S-Express

puncture?

burntoutbanger

Veteran
Must admit I've been very tempted by these. Think they would be ideal on a commuter and/or a bike used for night rides. The thought of only having to take a small multi tool on a ride is very appealing.

https://www.rutlandcycling.com/3717...GRAVJOyQ54d-tWqoLqzYU8TlRtBTGNfWsYaAjhi8P8HAQ

This has been tempting me recently, with a single chainring and airless tyres I think it would make a great fuss free ride.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
How are you finding these ? I saw a TT training bike in my LBS with some on and its got me thinking . Train on these you will be flying on tubs .

rozzer1971

Regular
My company announced a relocation away from my home town back in August 2015 which is finally going ahead in June. As a result I quickly knew I'd be getting a Brompton for my new enforced cycle/train commute but I've talked myself in to/out of Tannus tyres so many times over the past year after reading opinions across the web. Good to read some positive input here. The Brompton is due in about a week so I think I'm going to have a month or so on the Marathons I ordered it with but I'm liking the Tannus idea again for a relatively short commute due to the reliability. Especially as I can get them in green. :smile:

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
My company announced a relocation away from my home town back in August 2015 which is finally going ahead in June. As a result I quickly knew I'd be getting a Brompton for my new enforced cycle/train commute but I've talked myself in to/out of Tannus tyres so many times over the past year after reading opinions across the web. Good to read some positive input here. The Brompton is due in about a week so I think I'm going to have a month or so on the Marathons I ordered it with but I'm liking the Tannus idea again for a relatively short commute due to the reliability. Especially as I can get them in green. :smile:
They would be fantastic on a Brompton. I've actually tested the ones I've fitted on the road bike, a lot more thoroughly than the ones I had on the Hybrid. I've given them a long ride, a wet ride, good surfaces, poor surfaces, commute type ride, high speed cornering on wet, dry, good and bad surfaces. They have performed brilliantly so far, I've actually had to remember to try and keep the miles off of the bike with them fitted, by not using it all the time:laugh:.

Top Bottom