Calling Boat Experts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
that top one is called 'plenty of money'
(although this may be ok for you as i don't know your particular financial situation :tongue:)

and as for how that boat is propped up, it will have a very low centre of mass and thus it is very stable also the wooden blocks are almost leaning in on the boat i think and this is a pretty stable way of supporting it. i think this is right but don't quote me on it
Cheers Ed

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I can't help you I'm afraid, but I'd like to say that I LOVE my boat, unfortunately it's off the water at the moment and in need of major repairs which will be very expensive, so hasn't been used for a couple of years, but there are very few things I enjoy more than getting out on the water, whether it's a quick trip to the pub or a spot of fishing or a longer trip around the islands, it's all wonderful. Here's a couple of pics for you.
This is my rib when she didn't need a ton of stuff doing.
15072006002-small.jpg

Here's one of a cold winters day, my wife in charge of things.
04022007130.jpg

Last one just to show a bit of our coastline
05112006049.jpg

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
what's stopping me buying a yacht and sticking a custom marine sticker thingy off ebay saying Elizebeth or what ever on the side?
Cheers Ed
Nothing. However it is rumoured to be extremely bad luck to change the name of a ship.

gavintc

Guru
Nothing. However it is rumoured to be extremely bad luck to change the name of a ship.
Although, if you look at the back end of commercial ships, you will notice a good number of them have been renamed. The old name will be painted out, but still visible in raised relief. I presume the old name does not fit the new owners naming conventions / style.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Although, if you look at the back end of commercial ships, you will notice a good number of them have been renamed. The old name will be painted out, but still visible in raised relief. I presume the old name does not fit the new owners naming conventions / style.
No good will come of it, I tell you...
AncientMariner.jpeg

It will only be registered if it's used commercially (fishing, cargo, whatever) in which case it will get an IMO number and...well..you really don't need to go there, rules and regulations..ugh Stick to it being a leisure craft. You can call it whatever you want and change it's name to whatever you want. There is some stuff about length/tonnage/engine power involved, but everything I've ever worked on has been well into 'commercial' so never concerned me.
Changing commercial craft names happens all the time when changing owners. Can't say its something I've ever been superstitious about, the crews involved tend to be more concerned if they still have a job afterwards.

@User9609
Nothing wrong with a few bits of wood holding it up
DSCN0330 2.jpg

Top Bottom