Cambridge cyclists some of the quickest in the country

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dim

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/cambridge-cyclists-quickest-country-its-12383140

snip:

It should come as little shock in our two-wheeled city, but cyclists in Cambridgeshire are fast - it's official.

According to data from Strava, an app and website that allows cyclists and runners to log their workouts, riders in Cambridgeshire logged an average speed of 23.95km/h, around 14.9mph, on their rides in 2016, one of the fastest averages in the UK.

Across Cambridgeshire, cyclists logged 398,173 activities in 2016. They also enjoy some of the flattest rides in the UK, logging an average elevation gain of 118m per ride.

greekonabike

President of the 'Democratic Republic' of GOAB
My averages are about 8mph but that's because I'm fat and forget to turn my app off when I go and buy flapjacks. Much kudos to my Cambridgeshire comrades.

GOAB

greekonabike

President of the 'Democratic Republic' of GOAB
You also need to remember Cambridgeshire is fairly flat

Yeah I don't really know much about elevations and stuff but this was what I got from my last ride.
Screenshot_2016-12-30-09-32-47.png

I'm not sure if that counts as 'hilly' or not.

GOAB

PK99

Legendary Member
Yeah I don't really know much about elevations and stuff but this was what I got from my last ride. View attachment 155671
I'm not sure if that counts as 'hilly' or not.

GOAB

a typical 3 hour ride into surrey for me has 2,500 ft of climbing . A quick blitz 3 times round Richmond park is 1000 ft

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
I'm averaging 25.8km/h so the Cambridge Massive can bite me ;) No, but seriously - well done guys and gals!

Top Bottom