Cambridge full English breakfast?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Find a caff. Doesn't matter which one - full English requires almost no skill other than an ability not to buy completely rubbish sausages.

Personally I'd stay in my hotel's restaurant.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
full English requires almost no skill

Not easy to turn out a full English in which each ingredient is correctly cooked and everything is moist but not swimming in grease.

For a proper breakfast you want to ignore the views of anyone who suggests anywhere that's "nice" or gets all "middle class" when someone suggests 'Spoons

Yes.
I worked with a guy who was adamant that a proper full English could only be made in a proper greasy spoon cafe, where the tables had no coverings, and the chef was a at middle aged guy with grease all down his pinny and a fag burning in his hand while he was cooking your eggs in a pan with an inch of oil/lard mix in it.

I guess all the proper ones are gone now then..

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes.
I worked with a guy who was adamant that a proper full English could only be made in a proper greasy spoon cafe, where the tables had no coverings, and the chef was a at middle aged guy with grease all down his pinny and a fag burning in his hand while he was cooking your eggs in a pan with an inch of oil/lard mix in it.

I guess all the proper ones are gone now then..
He now works at Wetherspoons

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
the sign of a good full English is one that Alan Partridge would approve of... the sausage should form a natural barrage between the beans and the egg, and the egg should be on the bread. :okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
Not at any I have been in too lately.
Do you go into the kitchen then?

Top Bottom