Camelback for water - road riding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut

And rule #52 would have an issue with 750ml bottles. I am surprised the Velominati did not stop the OP mid ride and confiscate the offending items.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I get through my 2 750mls in under 20 miles if it's hilly (which it always bloody is here lol)
[/QUOTE
You dont need a camel back........you need a camel!!
If doing more than, say, 25 miles on a warm day I will take 2 X 500ml bottle.
Mind you it is "relatively" flat around Cheshire.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I think its all relative to what you need as everyone's different and ride at different pace , terrain, sweat rates etc .
For 25 miles i would only take 1 500ml bottle and maybe drink half/ two thirds of it but i would be hydrated pre ride.

Backonmybike

Let your body decide how much liquid it needs - If you have to stop more than once for what Eurosport refer to as "natural" breaks you are probably drinking too much, otherwise you are judging it right.

OP
OP
mwktar

mwktar

Über Member
Ebbw vale for me........but done rhigos, maerdy and bwlch a few times

I feel your pain

You ride solo or with a club butty? desperately looking for a local club that isn't obsessed with TT!

And rule #52 would have an issue with 750ml bottles. I am surprised the Velominati did not stop the OP mid ride and confiscate the offending items.

As soon as I hit the beards and shaving leg rules I became a non conformist :P

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
You ride solo or with a club butty? desperately looking for a local club that isn't obsessed with TT!

As soon as I hit the beards and shaving leg rules I became a non conformist :P
I ride with a club and TT

Top Bottom