Cameras + YouTube + Google - using the power

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bicycle

When I realised what a fascination this Helmet Cam thing was with a certain type of cyclist, I searched all my recent registration plates on YouTube and Google.

I was jolly relieved to find none of them. This suggests (or seems to confirm) that I am the excellent and considerate driver I've always thought I must be.

I might add a little black gaffer tape to one of the letters, just to make sure I continue to be an excellent and 'un-youTubed' driver.

:becool:

400bhp

Guru

400bhp

Guru
LOL on the Subaru driver totally destroying the point that a filmed driver will get angry and misbehave around cyclists after being outed on youtube.

Seeing as I CBA to read the thread attached to this, then I'll make my points:

i) Firstly, I'm not sure anyone has said that a filmed driver will get angry and misbehave around cyclists after being "outed" on Youtube? My original point was a different one.

ii) One incident where you believe that a driver changed his attitude in a positive way can't be extrapolated to all other incidents.

iii) Regarding the nice second pass, you appear to be making several assumptions that:a) it's the same driver, b)the change in driving was the sole result of the incident being on Youtube. Indeed, pass number 2 occured without the need to create this Google group.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
WOIW!!! Your own youtube channel and blog but have you thought of a name for it yet?
How about PINCHPOINTS?
Petty Incompetent Numpty Cyclons wHose Pointless Opinions Intend Naming Then Shaming

Now you have to entice people to post, what about a reward system? Something like this:-

Anything that looks like a close pass - 1 point
As above but with swearing - 2 points
Screaming at passenger or driver - 3 points
2 pages or more on this forum or 10 comments on youtube - 3 points
Driver gets out of car - 4 points
5 pages or more on this forum or 30 comments on youtube - 7 points
If another member suggests it was a deliberate attack - 8 points
If another member suggests an upgrade to attempted ABH or GBH - 10 points
If another member suggests an upgrade to attempted murder- 25 points

Points can also be deducted:-
Daring to suggest that it may be your fault -2 points
Admitting it was your fault -5 points
Not posting an agreeable reply -7 points
Failure to post at least 1 non-incident a month -10 poilnt
No videos on this forum or youtube for 6 months - loss of all points, 6 months ban and re-education

lukesdad

Jezston this is one thread that has not gone off track. Opinions have been given which have been countered. Now, if you mean the wind went against you and you waited for your mates to fight back before returning. Why don t you say so ? ^_^

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Jeez. Talking on a phone is bad enough, but texting?! I'd whip their licences away in a shot.

Sadly I didn't get the plates - assumed the camera would pick it up so didn't shout it out :sad:

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Was I not ?

LOL, and you even question yourself based on a mrhippo comment? Maybe if Gaz or someone else said something, that'd be worth thinking about. Sorry mrhippo, but your opinions on roadcraft in the past have been almost uniformly poor, at least IMO.

If you want to have a laugh go look at mrhippo's channel on YouTube, and listen to some of his narration.

Reactions: gaz

lukesdad

LOL, and you even question yourself based on a mrhippo comment? Maybe if Gaz or someone else said something, that'd be worth thinking about. Sorry mrhippo, but your opinions on roadcraft in the past have been almost uniformly poor, at least IMO.

If you want to have a laugh go look at mrhippo's channel on YouTube, and listen to some of his narration.
Oooh channel wars this should be fun :popcorn:

Top Bottom