Camping advice needed...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Skolly is never my man for anything :whistle:

Yes some facilities I believe, showers, use of a fridge/freezer and mobile phone charging point (though I will take my small powerbank anyway)

Power bank deffo. Torch or camping light, beer, tea coffee, bacon, travel pots, knife fork etc, cups, A bowl for washing up/carrying pots. You don't need loads. Even less without kids.

We've a dual stove and grill if you want to borrow it (with gas). Got some other bits if you let me know, I'll go looking in the garage.

Camping chair., maybe small camping table for the cooker, saves bending.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Matches or a lighter, possibly the long lighters for stoves.
My little gas burner thingy has its own starter, I assume its only good for boiling water for brews.

Biggest thing is I don't know what to expect once I'm there, need to chat to a few of the people that are going too.

And stock up on pot noodles ^_^

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The little burner will cook anything. Good advice is when making a meal at home, freeze any extras and take that. Eg spag bol. Freeze the bol, then take pasta. Take it frozen in a cooler box. For two days thats enough.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Take a smaller camera...

Flashlight, pref head mounted.
Some reflective tape so you can find your tent in the dark.
Umbrella.
Seat, deck chair or sit mat
If you are doing any real coooking, pack salt, pepper, sachets of sauce or whatever you like. You can get pretty good no faff heat and eat meals. Tea, coffee, beer, whiskey as required.
First aid booboo kit inc burns cream for the stove, plasters for the knife, arnica for crushed thumb from tent peg mallet, anti bug stuff for mossies, tick tool for removing ticks, tetanus jab for when you tread on a tent peg.

Julia9054

Guru
Insect repellent for spraying on you
Fly spray. Do the inside of your tent and zip it up before going to the pub.
I bloody hate being bitten and can’t sleep if there is anything buzzing in the tent.
Earplugs
Antihistamines in case you turn out to be allergic to camping.
Inflatable cheese board.

(one of these may not be entirely serious)

When selecting where to pitch a tent, experienced campers use the 4 W:
Water. Close enough to collect but not in or on it. Keep a safe distance from toilet block.
Wind. Enough to vent your tent but too much will disturb your neighbours
Wood. To burn.
Widowmakers. Dont camp under trees that will fall down or next to noisy amourous couples.

Top Bottom