Camping advice needed...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My little gas burner thingy has its own starter, I assume its only good for boiling water for brews.
Take some other means of lighting it in case the selfstarter fails.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Do practice putting up the tent beforehand.......I've looked a prat before when I couldn't work out which pole to put where and how to peg out things plus you want to make sure you've got everything needed to put up the tent.

Time to repost the story of some of my gang going on a caving expedition to France. There was a rather manky smell in the minibus and they were all blaming each other for having minging caving kit which was stinking the bus out. Anyhow they got to the campsite after 12 hours driving and my mate went to put his tent up only to find he only had the poles sloshing about in a bag of slime. He'd put it away soaking wet two or three years previously, and not looked at it since, which isn't the best care for a traditional cotton Force Ten tent.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Thanks for (mainly) good advice so far, will draw up a list of what I have and what I still need to get over the next few days.
I've put the tent up twice but both times with help, will have a go on my own to make sure I can do it :okay:

Julia9054

Guru
Don't pitch your tent anywhere near anyone with children under three.
Tantrums and 4.30am awakenings do not make for a relaxing holiday.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
OK, I'm late to the party as usual, but have no fear! I shall skool our Potsy in the ways of the camping professional and make sure he wants for nothing while he is away from home.

He can borrow my tent (very quick and easy to erect), he can borrow my axe (fire and firewood are essential), he can borrow my toilet spade, he can borrow my bottle opener, he can borrow my camping bbq, he can even borrow my inflatable double mattress. I'm not sure i can let him use my whistling kettle?

I just need to interrogate him to find out when/where this camp trip is so I can wrangle an invite for myself..... :whistle:

Top Bottom