Camping advice needed...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The birds wake up a lot earlier than we imagine.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Beware of dodgy brochure descriptions. I'm currently staying in a lovely yurt, but the "fridge" doesn't quite meet expectations
20210723_194959.jpg

I've found a campsite that doesn't allow children. It's a wonderful place to stay:whistle:

In Spain during a Sept tour I arrived at a campsite that was almost empty, and selected a pitch a respectable distance from the only other campers in a motorhome.
After dark, a young Spanish couple roll up, park next to me then put their tent up as close as possible to mine, with overlapping guy lines. They then spent the rest of the night trying to make children.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Ear plugs and a buff for your eyes.

I've tried a buff for my eyes in Scotland when the sun barely goes down, but it's not as comfy I wouldn't say as one of those made for purpose eye masks.

In addition to excluding light so you can sleep at all, it slightly deters your eyes from opening in those moments when you might otherwise fully wake up.

I don't generally camp on campsites so other campers noise isn't a problem.

But the wind in the guylines and buffeting a tent , and thunder and lightening can make it hard to sleep, so earplugs are a must then.

Clanging of cowbells in mountain pasture can also be problematic, but I don't think it's a general problem in the UK..

Just yet.

AndyRM

XOXO
There's camping and there's camping.

You really don't need a 3 man tent if it's just you. Go minimal with the cooking (your stove sounds fine, you've no need to go gourmet), pitch your tent somewhere flat, take a light mat for your back, a sleeping bag and use your clothes as a pillow. Unless there are toilet facilities nearby, take some toilet paper and a trowel. Take a head torch.

Sorted.

Top Bottom