Camping or glamping - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
camp beds, cool boxes tables and chairs isn't glamping, it's camping with loads of stuff

A dishwasher in your Yurt, now that's glamping:laugh:

Yurt.jpg

Must admit that we know of a few "campers" that have dishwashers and washing machines in their camper vans, not small vans though:laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sticking to my 37x12 foot metal tent with central heating for now. Unfortunately it's in Glamorous Wales, from which we've been chucked out of since September.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
View attachment 579705

Surely this is glamping.:rolleyes:

If the views not this good, then its just shuffling about in a field, with facilities less amenable than those to be found at home*.

*Yeah I know I did it for enough years with small kids in tow..

View attachment 579707
This is pretty goddarn glamorous, for the geologically minded.

Oh I do. hope we're all allowed to go somewhere soon.

Even Wales feels like a far flung exotic location right now :sad:

Looks like my kind of spot. Lurberrrrly

iluvmybike

Über Member
Probably a silly question on a cycle chat website, but is it just me that's noticed how much campers have been 'conned' into buying all those wee 'extras' to make a weekend under canvas more 'enjoyable' - ? Seems that for a couple, nothing less than a six berth stand up family tent is required. Put that with full size tables, chairs, all singing dancing cooking range, cool boxes, camp beds, etc., etc.. Dunno how they fit it all in, quite apart form the setting up / striking camp time it must take - !
My take on camping has always been keep it simple. That's half the fun and also you appreciate what you have at home when you get back, not taking your home with you - !🤣
Surely it is each to their own. Why criticise and belittle?

rivers

How far can I go?
I've got a little one man tent I use for bikepacking. Although I do stay at campsites because I want a shower and a toilet. And a place to charge things like my phone, wahoo, and battery packs. My friends think I'm mental. We're hopefully going on a short West country tour this summer. But I've had to find campsites with either a B&B/pub accommodation attached or glamping pods because they don't fancy sleeping in a tent.

Julia9054

Guru
I had an August bank holiday weekend in a Shepherd's hut on a farm in the lake district a few years ago. It was a very last minute thing and we got lucky. The farm already had a some holiday cottages and the daughter had bought this shepherd's hut as a project. We were it's first guests and because of that it was really cheap. It was lovely but I wouldn't pay the going rate for one. She has a few now and they are permanently booked up

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Yes, far far away from the maddening crowds -

Although i have to confess to quite happily using campsites from time to time - hot showers and proximity to eating out options is nice now and then too.

As a kid my dad would take us wild camping in North Wales. In the evenings he'd quite happily take us to the nearest campsite to use the showers. Then on to a pub somewhere we could sit outside.

Top Bottom