Camping or glamping - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Well, yes - in that case - however it is unreasonable to expect toddlers not to have tantrums and therefore the considerate thing to do is not to inflict them on other people until they have grown out of this stage.

Sure but there's a difference between the odd temper tantrum, which we all had (apart from me of course:angel:)

And deliberately ignoring your child.
I've had just as many - no more restless nights inflicted by adults who think the whole campsite wants to listen to their late night drinking sessions accompanied by loud music.

They're 'supposedly' grown up, enough to know better. :sad:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Used to go on camping holidays as a family when I was a teenager. Mainly to France.

Full frame tent, blow up lilos, separated bedroom compartments, stand up gas cooker, full table and chairs. All that was missing was a fridge so managed to keep the Kronenbourg cold in a bucket of water. Campsites usually had a pool, always had hot showers

I couldn't get Mrs N to even do something like that. Camping a big no no for her

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Earplugs area partial answer to noisy neighbours on campsite.

They're handy if wild camping in bad weather too.

An all night thunderstorm, booming round you in the mountains, can be far more disturbing than a mithering toddler.

Had a few over long memorable nights like that.

Hicky

Guru
Hmmm, bit snobbish. Camp however you like or however much discomfort are you're prepared to put up with.
I'd rather haul all my crap to camp in France than experience the all inclusive in Turkey I did with the kids some years ago, the same goes for a variety of organised hols I've been on.
Malta and Croatia is the only place that comes to mind that doesn't fill me with dread.
Having said that camping in Capel Curig when its pissing down isn't a barrel of laughs.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Nothing wrong with young kids whilst camping - you just need to keep them happy.
049.JPG

This is our a few years ago at bathtime.

Hicky

Guru
There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad kit.....
Skins waterproof blah blah:becool::laugh:

It does seem like there's quite a thick dividing line between the two ...err.. camps:

With, or
Without

motorised assistance. Sure, there is still wide variation within each group; but not many drive-campers will bring *less* gear than the most-loaded up cycle-tourist or hiker.

n.b. I'm not suggesting the two tribes should be at war!!!! Just that they are clearly different. :cheers:

BrianUK

I enjoy camping but hot showers are a must! I used one when I was younger that had a barely luke-warm shower block and was pretty uncomfortable!

BrianUK

Haha very true! individual cubicles with decent pressure and temperature is probably a bit of a luxury!

DRHysted

Guru
I enjoy camping but hot showers are a must! I used one when I was younger that had a barely luke-warm shower block and was pretty uncomfortable!
No showers or hot water where we go (and very few people). So we take our own, high flow rate 12 volt pump connected to a shower head, and a bucket of hot water, job done.

Top Bottom