Camping or glamping - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
£350 a night on Johnny's site.

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
Finally decided to invest in a Trangia 27 stove. Been using gas for many a year, so now at least as I seek out quieter campsites, my peace will no longer be disturbed by the hiss of the gas stove whilst it's cooking my tea - ! :okay:
Yes, I know the Triangia alcohol stove takes longer to heat things, but when camping, what's the hurry - ? :laugh:

Finally decided to invest in a Trangia 27 stove. Been using gas for many a year, so now at least as I seek out quieter campsites, my peace will no longer be disturbed by the hiss of the gas stove whilst it's cooking my tea - ! :okay:
Yes, I know the Triangia alcohol stove takes longer to heat things, but when camping, what's the hurry - ? :laugh:
wonderful things for real cooking. I still use gas for some things though, espresso for instance.
I can recommend the duossal frying pan - you can also get a handy ally plate which can serve as a handy pan lid.

I have enjoyed camping, in Guernsey, Somerset, Belgium ( at Spa on race weekends), following the Lombard RAC rallies in Wales, the Lake District, Scotland and Northumberland, and then a lot of nights in Italy, Switzerland, Germany, France in the ‘80s on a month long rail holiday.
Overall, I would say for me, that camping was good enough, and had some great sleeps in the open countryside.
Mrs SnG is not so happy! The campsite in Guernsey was a little too close to nature for her, and the cobwebs and spiders and flies in the shower block invited an end to our camping trips.
Likewise, glamming wouldn’t be for us. It’s too ‘competitive’ with ‘look at us’, and then also, we don’t really like mixing with people.
Having said that, we did do cruises, on ships with 2500+ passengers, but we always managed to stay away from the crowds, preferring to manage our time on board away from the timed events, such that we really enjoyed them all, and lost weight during each cruise. (£7-800 for a week away generally, food included).
When landing in places, we mostly arranged our own schedules, and could see coach loads of people from our ship turn up, often an hour later than we did, and we could be on our way back, whilst they were loading themselves onto the return coaches!
So, camping would lead the 2, cruising would be more likely, and for the time being, local trips from home will be the norm.

Ahh, you stayed at proper campsites then - ? ! :laugh:
😂 yes, I agree, but some people don’t really like that level of Nature!

Sallar55

Veteran
After 4 weeks in Spain it's back to

DSC_1839.JPG
camping, Glamping? Don't think the French are into it, just camping. Glamping in EUROPE is buying a big camperwagon 😉

Sallar55

Veteran
One near Dumfries is going to upgrade to cash in on the Glamping scene. Doing away with the nice space for tents. Wonder if they still want vans as hobbit huts and chalets are set at premium rates.

Top Bottom