Can anyone recommend a helmet cam.........?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They are a good idea if you have an accident and get knocked off, as they can sometimes apportion the blame and make your insurance claim easier.

But for the rest of the, 'I've got you on camera, don't you know' brigade, the majority of the footage becomes part of the ever increasing dodgy driver compilations on YouTube.

The police are far too busy to be chasing drivers that may have turned left in front of you without indicating or driven past a little close.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
You're not getting this. If for example one person fills out a government petition, nothing happens. If 100K+ people fill out the same government petition it gets discussed in parliament.

I'm not getting it because your statement made no sense. Don't bother with an irrelevant analogy, just clarify your original contradictory sentences.

Ciar

Veteran
Wow, that looks really good - I might get one myself as the limited battery life on my GoPro copy is a bit annoying. Is it truly weatherproof as is, and I notice it has a mini HD output, so do you know if I can output what the camera sees directly to a TV as I am looking to do this (not bike related)?

Hi, i have only used it during dry rides in all honestly, as for directly in to the TV never tried generally just upload direct to my laptop and check the videos.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Hi, i have only used it during dry rides in all honestly, as for directly in to the TV never tried generally just upload direct to my laptop and check the videos.
Hi, okay, thanks - that's fine. I have emailed them so we will see.

D

Deleted member 26715

I notice it has a mini HD output, so do you know if I can output what the camera sees directly to a TV as I am looking to do this (not bike related)?
Tell us more about this, will the output end up on those Russian website I hear bout?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They are good or filming your crashes on an MTB. :tongue:

Cameras are another level of faffing for commutes. There is enough faffing with lights and locks never mind cameras. I bet it takes traffic droid longer to turn his lights and cameras on than it takes him to cycle to work.

PS Garmin GPS are also fairly good at recording road position and speed in the event of an accident.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Tell us more about this, will the output end up on those Russian website I hear bout?
Nothing so exciting, I'm afraid! I'll be using them inside of a couple of CNC machines for demo purposes. Here's what support said:
Drift Innovation said:
Thanks for your email yes you will be able to have a live preview. The image displayed on the camera’s LCD screen will instead be displayed directly on your TV, and the sound will come out of the TV speakers.

You can purchase the HDMI cable here: https://driftinnovation.com/collections/accessories/products/drift-stealth-2-hdmi-cable-1
So, its all good!

Mr commuter

I'm not getting it because your statement made no sense. Don't bother with an irrelevant analogy, just clarify your original contradictory sentences.
You said originally "just don't get your hopes up". I think this is the wrong attitude. What I am struggling to get across is that if we are persistent, attitudes can change. Sure, nothing may come from reporting incidents to the police but with persistence things can change over time. To bring in another analogy which I know you like, it's saying in an election "there's no point voting for my party of choice, say the green party, because they'll never get in". It's a bit a a negative defeatist attitude. I hope my point is now clear?

D

Deleted member 26715

Nothing so exciting, I'm afraid! I'll be using them inside of a couple of CNC machines for demo purposes.
I love CNC machines, they're like the insides of a clock I can sit & watch (no pun intended) them for ages, along with waterjets

steve50

Disenchanted Member

Ahh , I get it

@glasgowcyclist clearly these clips from helmet cameras are signatures on a petition. Its obvious really

Clearly there are some members on this forum who delight in nit picking just for the hell of it, the op has made his intentions quite clear regards his requirements for a helmet camera and there is absolutely no need for continued "needling" of the op, leave it alone for goodness sake!!!

Tin Pot

Guru
You said originally "just don't get your hopes up". I think this is the wrong attitude. What I am struggling to get across is that if we are persistent, attitudes can change. Sure, nothing may come from reporting incidents to the police but with persistence things can change over time. To bring in another analogy which I know you like, it's saying in an election "there's no point voting for my party of choice, say the green party, because they'll never get in". It's a bit a a negative defeatist attitude. I hope my point is now clear?

I'm with you on this, as are the police.

All crime needs to be reported in order for them to assess and understand the scale and nature of crime, to better strategise and prioritise, and ultimately press for funding to address it.

Ive considered getting one. my research however suggested that a discreet camera would best. A big camera on your helmet causes more angst from motorists. Whatever the rights and wrongs of that - I would want to cycle with less confrontation not more.
FWIW - the contour roam was pretty top of my list...

D

Deleted member 26715

I have a Konig looks like a GoPro, I like to film on the MTB especially going places I've never been before or when I fall off :smile: , the thing that annoys me is that you can't easily see that it is recording & there is no indication it's stopped.

Top Bottom