Can I take my mudgaurds off my bike yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
as you say, amazing. We do encourage cigarette smoking and the consumption of beer, though, so it's not all Austerity at FNRttC Towers

in answer to the OP - take the suckers off and use them as pooper-scoopers!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I agree it is bad form to not use mudguards riding in a close group such as a chaingang during the winter. The rider behind you can't drop back a few meters in such a ride, it would defeat the point. However this is England and we get rain all through the year, you have to draw the line somewhere.

I also agree mudguards can come loose and cause issues occasionally etc. I have had one come off its mount and get sucked between the wheel and frame whilst I was on the front of a group training ride. I've also seen a few smashed to bits.

hoopdriver

Guru
I agree it is bad form to not use mudguards riding in a close group such as a chaingang during the winter. The rider behind you can't drop back a few meters in such a ride, it would defeat the point. However this is England and we get rain all through the year, you have to draw the line somewhere.

I also agree mudguards can come loose and cause issues occasionally etc. I have had one come off its mount and get sucked between the wheel and frame whilst I was on the front of a group training ride. I've also seen a few smashed to bits.
No doubt. But derailleurs break, forks fail, shifters come loose, spokes loosen, all manner of mechanicals came thwart the best intentions for a group ride

Brandane

Legendary Member
The answer is YES, you can take your mudguards off your bike now. But don't put them up the loft just yet, you're going to need to put them back on for the weekend. That is when the summer is forecast to end.

Top Bottom