Can / SHOULD we fine cyclists for riding no handed? £5000 fine - seems low!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
£5000 is the maximum fine given for careless driving and can't be applied to cyclists.

This comment sums the story up perfectly "Obviously been a bit quiet on the Echo's anti-cycling agenda so we'll print any old rubbish as click bait and see the comments come rolling in."

Move along, there's nothing to see!

Cubist

Still wavin'
@Alltalk
It may help us to decipher the point of your post if you indicate in some way where your opinions begin and end, and which of the paragraphs are copied and pasted from the ill-informed ranty replies. As it is I'm not sure who I need to target with my pitchfork and blazing torch as I march on the citadel of blighted injustice.

Do you hate the DM et al for giving these people column space, or the respondents for replying in their eloquent yet slightly non sequturial fashion?

Do you hate people on bikes somehow giving me a bad name by doing g something which is quite skilled, albeit with a dental/orthodontic risk?

Should we all have lights on all the time? Will that help us read and understand the Echo better?

Karlt

As an aside, post of the year must go to the commentator who quotes the statistic that cyclists kill a mere 20% of those who meet their maker at the hands of car drivers.

And cause as many serious injuries, don't forget that bit!

mythste

Veteran
You'll only get a fine if you're not wearing a helmet. If you're wearing a helmet with no hands we all know no harm may come to you or those surrounding you.

:surrender:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I see so many "bike riders" every day that give every "cyclist" a bad name. [...] Actual "cyclists" are considered as bad a paedo's
I particularly enjoyed the redefinition of cyclists as those who obey all rules, including some imaginary ones, then saying cyclists are as bad as paedos - so does that mean people shouldn't follow all rules?

missed your meds this morning?
The opposite, I think, as he was posting house music to the find-a-bargain thread at 3am
Nah - don't think I was by the time I replied. No code was available so I didn't miss out on a £6 or even £3 SKY branded bidon.

Dammit!!

Is this a good price for this jacket? Thanks!! https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3AvNY1_2Hg

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
As an aside, post of the year must go to the commentator who quotes the statistic that cyclists kill a mere 20% of those who meet their maker at the hands of car drivers.

Really? well if its in the paper it must be true.

I need to add a lance to my bike and start riding faster, blindfolded and on the pavement, I'm not killing or maiming nearly my share of the populace.

Sorry to those of you that have been taking out great swathes of pedestrians on my behalf, I'll try to do my bit in future. :crazy:

Top Bottom