Can / SHOULD we fine cyclists for riding no handed? £5000 fine - seems low!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
You missed the bit I liked best, the space.

T AWT!!

Brilliant
You're right. Comedy is in the details.

coco69

Veteran
Filed under CAN there be a law to actually prosecute DM, local rag muppets and all motorists who speed, cut up cyclists, don't indicate, use their lights and use their phones when driving??

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/yo...ists_riding_bikes_without_holding_handlebars/

I see so many "bike riders" every day that give every "cyclist" a bad name. Riding on the pavement when cycle paths available - but even when they may have to ride on the pavement for safety riding as if there is no pedestrian in the vicinity. Complete ninja bell ends that have to ride on the roads - when they have cycle or off road routes - but display NO lights front or rear.

Drives me insane when I am driving. It shouldn't and wouldn't - if these prckis kept themselves to themselves - without their lights. But 90% of the time they get in the road - and then mouth off if you may accidentally hit them.

Is it just me?...

We are NEVER going to get anywhere near cycle integration, in or out.

Actual "cyclists" are considered as bad a paedo's - from my experience and The Daily Mail, The Sun, The Guardian and local rags.

People in the UK would rather put up with abysmal public transport and sitting in queues in cars on almost 3rd world roads.

T AWTS!!

Get a grip

machew

Veteran
As a "pedal cycle” means a unicycle, bicycle, tricycle, or cycle having four or more wheels, not being in any case mechanically propelled unless it is an electrically assisted pedal cycle of such class as is to be treated as not being a motor vehicle for the purposes of the 1984 Act.
If this "law" ever gets passed I propose a mass unicycle rally in Bournemouth everyone then hands themselves into the police and ask to be arrested as they have broken the the law.

coco69

Veteran
I hope the OP is OK - they haven't been back since the OP.

Now that dosnt surprise me WTF

Globalti

Legendary Member
Damn, I took my hands off the bars and rode 100 yards no-handed to stretch out yesterday. Where should I send the fine?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
As a "pedal cycle” means a unicycle, bicycle, tricycle, or cycle having four or more wheels, not being in any case mechanically propelled unless it is an electrically assisted pedal cycle of such class as is to be treated as not being a motor vehicle for the purposes of the 1984 Act.
If this "law" ever gets passed I propose a mass unicycle rally in Bournemouth everyone then hands themselves into the police and ask to be arrested as they have broken the the law.

A mate of mine was cycling his unicycle back in the day, and was stopped by a policeman who told him he couldn't cycle on the road. "why not", then a bit of a debate culminating with the policeman eventually deciding "because it doesn't have a front brake". At this point my mate rolled his eyes, snorted, and cycled off. The police put the whole question in the "too hard" basket from then on and didn't trouble him further. To be fair, the "lack of front brake" point may actually have been technically correct.

In a similar vein, the guy had a very very modified racing car mini which was just about road legal. To give you the picture, it looked normal from the bonnet to the windscreen, but behind that it was only 6" high bodywork with the seats screwed to this glorified tea tray as it were. When he first got it, he parked it outside the police station so they could all have a good look at it, and not stop him one at a time until each policeman in turn had given it the once over.

Top Bottom