Can / SHOULD we fine cyclists for riding no handed? £5000 fine - seems low!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Because it is
If you will pardon the tautology, it's easy for the people it is easy for, and not for those who it isn't. I learned to ride a bike as an adult, and it is still something I get on and ride. For some people who learnt as children, the bike is an extension of their body and they understand it's physics in a way I never will.

Cubist

Still wavin'
The opposite, I think, as he was posting house music to the find-a-bargain thread at 3am
Actually, that would liven up an otherwise dull thread. If music hath charms to soothe the savage breast, perhaps a bit of Beethoven in the Helmet thread to soften rocks, or bend the occasional knotted oak?

Maybe not understand so much as having learned through experience how far it can be abused. The facefuls of gravel are worth missing, IMO.
Well, yes. I was always a cautious child, so probably would not have mastered hands-free riding even if I had the opportunity.

Ironically, it was that caution that got me a broken elbow at the age of eight, that still troubles me today.

Or a pint of whatever the OP was having.
I think a pint of that would probably kill you

Cubist

Still wavin'
Well, yes. I was always a cautious child, so probably would not have mastered hands-free riding even if I had the opportunity.

Ironically, it was that caution that got me a broken elbow at the age of eight, that still troubles me today.
To quote Ken Dodd
My teeth are the result of an experiment to see whether I could ride a bike blindfold. Apparently you can, at least as far as the nearest kerb.

Top Bottom