Can Voeckler do it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VamP

Banned
Well after today's stage Tommy still hanging in there, but it's hard to see him holding onto Cadel and Bertie over the next three stages :sad:

Black horse for the win now has to be Frank, with Andy working for him to get him in the perfect attacking position.

yello

TV is hanging in there but I can't see him in yellow come Sunday. That said, he's done a damned find job of proving me wrong thus far!

lukesdad

no one seems to mention that he's only lost 4 seconds today; it's just that the name in second place has changed. i suppose evens' superior tt abilities put a different complexion on it though…

Evans usually has one mare in the mountains. If he does this year he may get away with it but I dont think so.

Anybody down to Basso could still do it.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
I hope he can. I put money on him winning outright when he was 100/1 (Saturday before the start of the last Pyrenean stage... ) by Sunday evening he was down to 7/1

Apparently since 1989 only 2 yellow jerseys at stage 17 didn't end up winning outright - you could be forgiven for counting the chicken if he still has it by the end of today! :smile:

VamP

Banned
Apparently since 1989 only 2 yellow jerseys at stage 17 didn't end up winning outright - you could be forgiven for counting the chicken if he still has it by the end of today! :smile:

Yeah, I saw that. What they didn't say was how many of those Tours still had Galibier (twice) and Alpe d'Huez, as well as the historically highest finish in Serre Chevallier still to come AFTER Stage 17.

Not many I suspect.

martint235

Dog on a bike
He certainly didn't help his chances with his visit to some Italian homeowners car park.

I was impressed by his control of the bike though!! None of the foot waving about of the previous visitor!!!
thumbsup.png

aberal

Guru
He certainly didn't help his chances with his visit to some Italian homeowners car park.

He must be kicking himself tonight. Losing time on the climb is one thing - losing it on the descent is another. I'd love to see him win this, but have a terrible feeling that he will lose yellow on the climb tomorrow. I hope not though - he's one of the more likeable contenders we've seen for a long time.

wildjetskier

I have a nagging feeling today is the day Contador will make his move. Out of the top 5/6 he has looked the strongest along with Evans and Dark horse Senor Sanchez. My money at the start was on Evans would love to see him do it. Voeckler has been fantastic to watch, great character and everyday he says that he is going to lose the yellow.....but doesn't..

martint235

Dog on a bike
I have a nagging feeling today is the day Contador will make his move. Out of the top 5/6 he has looked the strongest along with Evans and Dark horse Senor Sanchez. My money at the start was on Evans would love to see him do it. Voeckler has been fantastic to watch, great character and everyday he says that he is going to lose the yellow.....but doesn't..

I have a sneaky suspicion the Schleck's are up to something. Arguably the second best climber in the world blowing up on a cat 2; all this high profile, ridiculous complaining that the TdF has descents in it??? I just don't buy it. I think Frank will put the hammer down on the first two climbs today and then Andy will put pressure on Galibier.

I'm probably totally wrong, I usually am, and Leopard Trek will fade meekly into obscurity!!! let's face it when Andy got 2nd in the Giro, I'm the guy who put a fiver on Schleck to win the TdF only to discover there was also a Frank Schleck!!!!
sad.gif

Top Bottom