Cannondale Bike weights..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boon 51

Veteran
I was looking at a couple of Cannondale bikes they were the Super 6 Evo Ultegra or the Super 6 105.

Now all the searches I did came with just frame weights not on the road weights so has anyone on here got any idea what they are..
I searched Super 6 Evo Ultegra and all you get is the Hi Mod which is not the same bike..

Hope you can help.
Cheers

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Don't know the answer to this, but I suspect they are so similar to those of their competitors at that price point that it really becomes an irrelevance in the real world.

If you're interested because you think a few grams here or there will make a bike faster or better for hill climbing, experience and the expenditure of large amounts of my children's inheritance has taught me that this isn't the case.

Being lean, being bike fit, having a frame that fits you perfectly, and gearing you're comfortable with are far more important IMO.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Well.. weight is important to me, the last example being a Trek I bought and was told it was 8.7 kg and after a long ride I thought this is heavy so I weighed it and it weighed 9.6 kg..
So not unless its the right weight I wont want to know.. :smile:

Cheers..

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
There's no standard for quoting weight. Some quote without tyres and pedals, some ready to ride, so you can't rely on the numbers.

Get out there, try one, and if it feels good then buy it. Comfort, fit, handling, stability and plain old "feel" are far more important than a few dozen of grams. Especially true when most riders have a surplus of bodyweight anyway.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I can find bike weights for BMC, Canyon, Rose, Scott and a few more other bikes.. But I do feel you should be able to ask what weight a bike is, most motor bikes give weights. I shouldn't have to buy a bike and then spend loads of money making it lighter not in my book anyway?
Yes they are all quick to tell you that the frame only weighs this or that then put loads of components on it that weigh a ton..
The problem for me Drago is I live on another planet called Spain and over here you buy a bike cos it looks pretty, they have never heard of test rides. lol

vickster

Legendary Member
I guess you'll never really know then. Manufacturers dont often publish accurate bike weights as you've discovered

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Thing is they always cheapen it up somewhere unless you spend mega bucks. For instance neither of the bikes you quoted have the lightest groupset.. My Supersix Evo came with relatively cheap wheels compared to Groupset.

How about you buy the frame and add the components you want?

Drago

Legendary Member
And supposing you get the lightest bike... how do you know it is the stiffest frame in the areas that support the transmission? You may find a heavier bike wastes less energy deforming the frame and you go faster. To simply focus on weight (or mass, really, as we're interested in moving it about) alone seems a bit daft when there are so many other factors that affect performance equally, if not far more so.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Also what is your target weight?

I would like 8 kg or a less if poss and a race not endurance bike.
Thinking on the lines of the Supersix Ultegra 2015 or Supersix 105 2015 (Supersix Ultegra £1299 or Supersix 105 £999) as above or the Giant Advanced TCR 2 105 1016 (£1119)
Read in an advert from Tredz the 2015 Giant TCR 2 is 7.8kg not sure what the 2016 upgraded model will weigh.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
And supposing you get the lightest bike... how do you know it is the stiffest frame in the areas that support the transmission? You may find a heavier bike wastes less energy deforming the frame and you go faster. To simply focus on weight (or mass, really, as we're interested in moving it about) alone seems a bit daft when there are so many other factors that affect performance equally, if not far more so.

What my thoughts are on the bikes are... race bike 7kg ..training bike 8kg and winter training bike 9kg as I live in two countries I need a race/traing bike at 8kg..for the UK.

Top Bottom