Cannondale Bike weights..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Citius

my gearing is 50 / 23 at a steady pace on my Giant Defy Advanced (8.1 kg ) or 52 / 23 on my Trek Emonda SL 8 Dura Ace (7kg ) which is a gear higher for a kilo lighter.

It might be a 'gear higher' to you, but in practical terms, there is only 19cm difference in roll-out between those two gears. In that sense, they are practically identical.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I completely agree fitness, rider weight and experience are crucial. But I bought a Boardman CX in 2011 for winter and I hated riding it so it did one winter service and then I wintered up my then best bike and my daughter took over the Boardman. It weighs a ton and has got pretty crappy wheels. I had to use it for ten days commuting again and my average speed dropped like a stone and I was hating it again. The lighter more pleasurable Supersix saves me around 10% in time spent doing 150 commuting miles over 5 days. Same rider, same route, similar weather and a happier rider. For me its worth it. Suspect this Boon's concern that the Domane felt horrible to ride and he thinks it was the weight

The Trek Domane 4.3 was a very nice ride but 9.6kg is not where I wanted to be. Shame really I will sell it or use as a winter hack?

Zeffer

May be too late to help, but I have just taken delivery of the 2015 Supersix Evo Ultegra, (carbon, not hi-mod). With Ultegra pedals and a 54 cm frame the mechanic weighed it at 7.89 kg.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
May be too late to help, but I have just taken delivery of the 2015 Supersix Evo Ultegra, (carbon, not hi-mod). With Ultegra pedals and a 54 cm frame the mechanic weighed it at 7.89 kg.

No it's not to late at all, that's just about where I wanted to be, I'm looking at other options at the moment before I decide?

Giant TCR Advaned 1 claimed 7.6kg 2015
Canyon 7.0 endurance 7.9kg AL and 7.6kg for CF 8.0 endurance but I'm going send them an email to confirm what a size a 54 frame would weigh. 2016
Scott Solace 30 at 7.8kg all these without pedals. 2015.

Thanks that has been very helpful.

Cheers Paul

Last edited:

outlash

also available in orange
A mate of mine told me a while back he went out on the local CC's club run one Sunday. Being as he raced the day before, he plumped for the slower, shorter route (30ish miles, 14-16 mph ave). During the course of the ride, a conversation came up about carbon fibre bottle cages and what difference the lighter weight would make. Said mate grabs his water bottle, spits out a mouthful and says 'there, that's how much the weight difference is'. True story.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Its not about what 1 item weighs but collectively lighter skewers, stem, saddle, tyres, wheels, pedals, bottle cages and all of a sudden your a kilo lighter. So start off at a kilo lighter when you buy the bike.. then its all my birthdays rolled into one.

outlash

also available in orange
We could go for the usual 'lose a kilo off your body, it'll be better for you and your wallet' reply but I guess that's not what you want to hear.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
We could go for the usual 'lose a kilo off your body, it'll be better for you and your wallet' reply but I guess that's not what you want to hear.

Not when I'm only 10st 5lbs in the first place.. :eek: :smile:.. I have too drink protein shakes, eat fish and chips and pizza to try and put weight on, I could loose 2lb just watching a match on the telly. .^_^

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Well.. weight is important to me, the last example being a Trek I bought and was told it was 8.7 kg and after a long ride I thought this is heavy so I weighed it and it weighed 9.6 kg..
So not unless its the right weight I wont want to know.. :smile:

Cheers..

I can sympathise as I had the same problem.

I stopped snacking and lost 5kg in a month. It was so much better than paying wads of cash to try and lighten the bike and I was so much fitter and faster for it.

But losing a gram here and a gram there is going to do nothing for you.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
My theory is why spend on lightweight wheels and other lightweight bits and stick it on a 9kg bike when I can buy an 8kg bike including pedals, then put my gear on it so the net weight is 7.5 / 7.6kg which is just about the perfect weight for a bike to me.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I can sympathise as I had the same problem.

I stopped snacking and lost 5kg in a month. It was so much better than paying wads of cash to try and lighten the bike and I was so much fitter and faster for it.

But losing a gram here and a gram there is going to do nothing for you.
Got to agree. I just checked Veloviewer and the average speed of my rides for my Forme which is over 9kgs and my carbon Specialized which is supposed to be 7.5kgs is a whole .1mph!

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Got to agree. I just checked Veloviewer and the average speed of my rides for my Forme which is over 9kgs and my carbon Specialized which is supposed to be 7.5kgs is a whole .1mph!

The difference between my aero carbon Cervelo and my winter hack with mudguards is about .2/3 mph. It really is about position. Put some clip on tri-bars on the winter bike and I'm sure I would be faster than on the Cervelo.

400bhp

Guru
Not read all the replies so if no-one has answered then the Super 6 hi mod will be at, or close to the UCI weight limit.

Gut feel on the Super six evo ultegra would be 7.5kg.

Based on a 56 cm. More/less for a larger/smaller frame.

Top Bottom