Cannondale Bike weights..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I would like 8 kg or a less if poss and a race not endurance bike.
Thinking on the lines of the Supersix Ultegra 2015 or Supersix 105 2015 (Supersix Ultegra £1299 or Supersix 105 £999) as above or the Giant Advanced TCR 2 105 1016 (£1119)
Read in an advert from Tredz the 2015 Giant TCR 2 is 7.8kg not sure what the 2016 upgraded model will weigh.

My 2014 Evo Red with SRAM Red, Fulcrum Zero Wheels, Schwalbe One Tubeless with 105 carbon pedals two Volt 300 front lights and a rear light bottle cage the standard Cannondale Alu finishing kit apart from a Carbon seatpost and Specialized Saddle weighs in at 7.6kg using my warehouse scales

Andrew_P

All the Evo frames are the same just different colours, I think. The Frames get lighter with HiMod and Nano

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
My 2014 Evo Red with SRAM Red, Fulcrum Zero Wheels, Schwalbe One Tubeless with 105 carbon pedals two Volt 300 front lights and a rear light bottle cage the standard Cannondale Alu finishing kit apart from a Carbon seatpost and Specialized Saddle weighs in at 7.6kg using my warehouse scales
I'd be happy at 7.6 with all my lighter stuff put on but I just need to know the road weight to start off, I did read the Hi mod was 6.9 or 7 kg so the Supersix's will be more of course?

Andrew_P

I'd be happy at 7.6 with all my lighter stuff put on but I just need to know the road weight to start off, I did read the Hi mod was 6.9 or 7 kg so the Supersix's will be more of course?
http://www.thebikelane.com.au/2015/06/2015-road-groupset-weights/ Roughly 700grams between Red and 105. Don't know about your wheels etc. Email a decent Cannondale dealer like Sigma Sport and ask them to weigh one..

The only thing different is Cannondale use their own Cranks and FSA Chainset

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
http://www.thebikelane.com.au/2015/06/2015-road-groupset-weights/ Roughly 700grams between Red and 105. Don't know about your wheels etc. Email a decent Cannondale dealer like Sigma Sport and ask them to weigh one..

The only thing different is Cannondale use their own Cranks and FSA Chainset

That's an interesting link I like that and it reads about 150 ish gms from a 105 to Ultegra..

PS. Just spotted a Trek Emonda 5 s at £1240 for 2015 and £1300 for a 2016 both 105 11sp.. and I will email Sigma Sport and see what they say.. Cheers.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I can find bike weights for BMC, Canyon, Rose, Scott and a few more other bikes.. But I do feel you should be able to ask what weight a bike is, most motor bikes give weights. I shouldn't have to buy a bike and then spend loads of money making it lighter not in my book anyway?
Yes they are all quick to tell you that the frame only weighs this or that then put loads of components on it that weigh a ton..
The problem for me Drago is I live on another planet called Spain and over here you buy a bike cos it looks pretty, they have never heard of test rides. lol
Completely agree - laziness on the part of the manufacturers (and retailers such as Wiggle). It would not be difficult to weigh and specify what frame size and equipment. Not pedals - we all have our own preference and it is easy enough to find out their weight anyway.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Evans claim around 8kg for the 2015 ultegra

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cannondale/super-6-evo-ultegra-2015-road-bike-ec071002#answers

They are being coy on the 105

I'd phone sigma rather than email, they aren't generally busy on a weekday and have lots of staff on the shop floor

Thanks for your detective work, I have a ball park figure now to start with..
PS I have sent an email to sigma and just awaiting a reply which hopefully will be in a day or two. :smile:

Stephen C

Über Member
A quick search for Cannondale bike weights on Google returns this: http://www.bikerumor.com/2015/07/09...x-evo-caad12-road-bike-lineup-actual-weights/

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
A quick search for Cannondale bike weights on Google returns this: http://www.bikerumor.com/2015/07/09...x-evo-caad12-road-bike-lineup-actual-weights/

The Caad 12 at 8.19kg on a 105 11sp is just in my price range the newer 2016 supersix's are a little over what I want to spend but the 2015 Ultegra at 8kg looks good and I'm just awaiting for Giant to get the specs on the Advance 2 11sp 105 on a new revamped bike for next year 2016. All about the £1200/£1300 mark?
I do like the 2015 Supersix Ultegra though.

Cheers Paul.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I would have thought that the easiest way to get an accurate weight, on any bike, would be to go to the dealer and get them to actually weigh one?
Any decent dealer will have accurate weighing equipment.
BTW my Focus Cayo 2 with Di2 weighs 7.3 kg, or 6.8 kg with summer wheels on.:smile:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Completely agree - laziness on the part of the manufacturers (and retailers such as Wiggle). It would not be difficult to weigh and specify what frame size and equipment. Not pedals - we all have our own preference and it is easy enough to find out their weight anyway.
I don't think it's laziness. I think it's just that it's a can of worms that they'd rather not open. The weights will vary with frame size, different options, really heavy air used to pump the tyres ;) and so forth. Then you'll get people disputing the weight that they've published, or less scrupulous dealers shaving a bit off.

Best thing is to find someone on here with the kind of bike you want and ask them to weigh it. Even then, they may be using a wonky old luggage scales that their grandad had for his trip to Belgium in 1957 ...

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I would have thought that the easiest way to get an accurate weight, on any bike, would be to go to the dealer and get them to actually weigh one?
Any decent dealer will have accurate weighing equipment.
BTW my Focus Cayo 2 with Di2 weighs 7.3 kg, or 6.8 kg with summer wheels on.:smile:

Unfortunately I live in Spain not in the real world..lol...
I am back in the UK on the 11th Nov and hoped to get a bike ordered so I can pick it up from when we land at Gatwick.. But before I opt for a bike I need to know that it weighs 8kg or less.
Cheers Paul.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I don't think it's laziness. I think it's just that it's a can of worms that they'd rather not open. The weights will vary with frame size, different options, really heavy air used to pump the tyres ;) and so forth. Then you'll get people disputing the weight that they've published, or less scrupulous dealers shaving a bit off.

Best thing is to find someone on here with the kind of bike you want and ask them to weigh it. Even then, they may be using a wonky old luggage scales that their grandad had for his trip to Belgium in 1957 ...

Ha Ha.. tell me about it.
I can understand a few 100 grams either way but the last Trek I bought was a Domane 4.3 disc and hand on heart he said it was 8.5kg but after riding it a few days I got it weighed and it was 9.6kg and sorry no refund. So I'm not too keen on Spanish bike shops..

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Just had a chat with Westbrook cycles and the man on the end of the chat line said.. Don't know what the Supersix Ultegra 2015 weight is as we haven't got one built up but the new 2016 model is 7.5kg.

Top Bottom