Cannondale Bike weights..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Not read all the replies so if no-one has answered then the Super 6 hi mod will be at, or close to the UCI weight limit.

Gut feel on the Super six evo ultegra would be 7.5kg.

Based on a 56 cm. More/less for a larger/smaller frame.

That's a good call I reckon.. :smile:

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
For those that might interested I have just got back from the UK and after a trip to Pedalon to look at two bikes a Trek ALR 6 Emonda and a Giant Advanced Pro 1 (two different bikes I know) but no contest in the end I brought a 2015 Giant Advanced Pro 1 for £1399 ( £1000 off) but changed the 100mm stem for a 90mm and changed the Ultegra 11-25 to a 11-28 at the shop.
The Trek weighed in at 7.89kg and the Pro 1 a better 7.48kg after the stem was fitted it weighed 7.44kg, when I got home I fitted the pedals and the total bike weighed in at 7.69g so not too bad.
I asked the guy at the shop what the wheels weighed and he suggested about 1780g which is about what I thought so with my Mavic Elite S's at 1520g I would gain about 250g but suprise suprise the wheels only weighed 1630g so I only gained 110g
Anyway I put some Conti 4000's on with a slightly lighter pair of skewers, with the wheels and tyres on and the bike it now weighs 7.55kg including pedals..
I did by chance buy some Giant SL 1 carbon bars from a bike friend where I live and a phone call to a Giant dealer said the OE bars weigh 275g and the new ones weigh 180g so a saving of 90g.
I have just ordered a pair of really lightweight skewers 55g which I will swop for the 90g ones which will save 35g plus the 90g from the new bars will take the weight down to about 7.43 ish.. so a good result for me and a great bike to boot..
Cheers.. :smile:

Top Bottom