Can't take pedal off using a wrench?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Thank you very much for all your help everyone here is an update:

I went down to my local bike shop they had taken off the old pedal, attached the new pedals and attached the cleats my shoes all free of charge ^_^
No need to buy any tools for now.
:becool:
You may still find you need to adjust the cleats...assume you have some Allen keys (or a multi tool)?
If not, these are rather lovely ;)
https://www.pearson1860.com/products/fiddlesticks-long-arm-allen-key-tool-set
They should have them in stock in Sheen if you happen to be that way (eg in Richmond Park)

roley poley

Über Member
Thank you very much for all your help everyone here is an update:

I went down to my local bike shop they had taken off the old pedal, attached the new pedals and attached the cleats my shoes all free of charge ^_^
No need to buy any tools for now.
saying a big thank you as you hand over a pack of chocolate biscuits the next time you go in will go a long way in your favor for the future ;):thumbsup:

Sharky

Guru
If you are pleased with the service you got from your LBS, I'm sure it will be fine to mention their name, so that others on cycle chat will use them as well and bring more custom to the LBS.

If not happy, best to keep them anonymous as would be unfair to slag the LBS off without them having a chance to say something.

Glad you got it all sorted and look forward to reports of your first few rides out with them.

Thank goodness it's all over - I was about to get my King Dick out for everyone to see:whistle:

OP
OP
A

Anonymous1502

OP
OP
A

Anonymous1502

If you are pleased with the service you got from your LBS, I'm sure it will be fine to mention their name, so that others on cycle chat will use them as well and bring more custom to the LBS.

If not happy, best to keep them anonymous as would be unfair to slag the LBS off without them having a chance to say something.

Glad you got it all sorted and look forward to reports of your first few rides out with them.
Evans is my local bike shop.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
:becool:
You may still find you need to adjust the cleats...assume you have some Allen keys (or a multi tool)?
If not, these are rather lovely ;)
https://www.pearson1860.com/products/fiddlesticks-long-arm-allen-key-tool-set
They should have them in stock in Sheen if you happen to be that way (eg in Richmond Park)
Eight quid in Wilkinsons. Only one colour though, red.

vickster

Legendary Member
Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Anonymous1502

I probably use maybe 4 or 5 for various things, but I don't exactly do much maintenance. I also have a multitool in my saddle bag, but use these at home)
What can I use allen keys for except adjusting pedal tension, attaching cleats and taking pedals off and putting them on? I think I will purchase the set you have recommended thank you for all your help. 😊

OP
OP
A

Anonymous1502

Most fasteners on a modern bike are hex fit - brake blocks, headset, handlebars, pedals, cleats, brakes, saddle the list goes on. I'd strongly recommend that you don't buy a set of loose keys. Get a multitool (with built in chain tool) this is something you can carry with you. Even if you don't know how to use the chain tool then (a) you might learn one day or b) if you need it then you might be able to get help from someone who can.

A loose set may be better quality but (a) they are not very portable and (b) you will find that you have lost the one that you most need.
Are hex keys and allen keys the same?
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-pro-coloured-allen-key-set?

Is this one ok?

Top Bottom