Car insurance panic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I’d avoid Saga - they make you go on holiday with a load of old moaning gits……all you’ll hear is about how cheap life was in the 1930s and how the youth of today are feckless. They’ll also moan about that tear-away youngster Mick Jagger who smokes too much weed.
Talking from experience? ;)

midlife

Guru
Saga have never been the cheapest in my case, I use Keith Michael's insurance brokers. My contact is Gary Mouoson . Currently I think I'm insured via Highway Insurance which is part of LV Insurance.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Phew,that was a close do! I phoned Esure to ask if they intended to take a renewal policy amount of £253.66 out of my account. They said yes. I don't know how they could as my bank told me they don't have a direct debit set up with me.🤔 Anyway, i cancelled it there and then, before any money is taken out. I shopped round before cancelling it to make sure there's wasn't the cheapest policy available today. It wasn't/isn't as I found this policy below.
taa3.png

£202.03
Compulsory£100
Voluntary£250
Total£350
Included
Included
AddedAnnually
£15.00
AddAnnually
£27.99

£202 isn't bad at all, so i'm going with that one, to start from the 27th of August.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Actually i could probably get it cheaper if i binned the breakdown recovery and told them a white lie that i have the car on a drive overnight, but maybe it'd only save a few quid. So, that's 50 quid saved. Any of you any suggestions as to what i can spend it on?:whistle:

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Actually i could probably get it cheaper if i binned the breakdown recovery and told them a white lie that i have the car on a drive overnight, but maybe it'd only save a few quid. So, that's 50 quid saved. Any of you any suggestions as to what i can spend it on?:whistle:
Great idea to lie to your insurance provider and give them a valid excuse to refuse any claim!

Given the other thread, you may need to hang on to the £50 in case the neighbour whose drive you're on employs the services of Parking Eye. :okay:^_^

Top Bottom