Car insurance panic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Is it also worth saying that when you do sort this all out and get your new cover, make a point of looking out for the auto-renew which will appear at some point in the form-filling, and untick that box.

What would you do if you were stopped by the police and required to produce your insurance documentation? Or were in an accident and needed to exchange details?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ok, i asked the bank who insures me and it's Esure. It's much less than i thought as well. The bank also told me it's not a direct debit,so they can't take money out of my account without my permission. Last year i paid £253.66. Saga have quoted me £239.66. I'll contact Esure on Monday and ask if it'll be the same amount this time or will it be more? If they say more i'll tell them i won't bother and then they might quote me the same as last year.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
What would you do if you were stopped by the police and required to produce your insurance documentation?
Actually,last night i thought about speeding past a plod car in the hope they'd stop me. Then when they looked at my tax and insurance details on the plod national computer i'd ask them who i was insured with!:biggrin:

Rocky

Hello decadence
I’d avoid Saga - they make you go on holiday with a load of old moaning gits……all you’ll hear is about how cheap life was in the 1930s and how the youth of today are feckless. They’ll also moan about that tear-away youngster Mick Jagger who smokes too much weed.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I don't know who they are, but they know who i am. Meaning they could just automatically renew my insurance with them, thinking i just want to carry on with them.
They usually tell me in advance they are going to take money from my account unless I tell them otherwise.
Surely they cannot take it without warning.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I’d avoid Saga - they make you go on holiday with a load of old moaning gits……all you’ll hear is about how cheap life was in the 1930s and how the youth of today are feckless. They’ll also moan about that tear-away youngster Mick Jagger who smokes too much weed.
But surely you know why it is called Saga.
Sex And Games for the Aged.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
What would you do if you were stopped by the police and required to produce your insurance documentation? Or were in an accident and needed to exchange details?
Most insurers seem to give you your documents online now to print yourself so not sure what happens if you don’t have a printer? Presume you can still request paper documents to be sent.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
They stung me last year! There was probably a direct debit clause in their small print.
No they didn't, the company you are no longer insured with tried stung you, not your current insurers. If it was your current insurer, then you cancelled your current insurance, which you obviously didn't do.

Also, how did they charge a months insurance premium if you pay in a one off payment?

You are just talking crap aren't you?

Most insurers seem to give you your documents online now to print yourself so not sure what happens if you don’t have a printer? Presume you can still request paper documents to be sent.

Yeah, but he started off the thread having no earthly idea who he was insured with - that’d make it a bit of a challenge to get your documents…..

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Yeah, but he started off the thread having no earthly idea who he was insured with - that’d make it a bit of a challenge to get your documents…..

I know my insurance agreement paperwork is here in my filing cabinet, but where exactly?!:unsure:

vickster

Legendary Member
Mind you Saga's offer included breakdown cover. Maybe phone Esure and cancel with them.
Ask Esure to match Saga, check the terms ie excesses etc are all the same. Also how old is the car as some breakdown policies have age limits, so worth checking :okay:
If younpaid by credit card, they can auto renew, perhaps not if debit card

Top Bottom