Car insurance question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh dear the silly comments have begun. If you don't ask you wont find out. I do know how to insure a car,i just want to know if i can get cheaper insurance than i've been quoted.
I think it may depend upon whether you can prove that you are entitled to that amount of NCD. I seem to remember a similar instance some years ago.
Do you have any paperwork from your previous insurer lying around anywhere which may show evidence of NCD.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I think it may depend upon whether you can prove that you are entitled to that amount of NCD. I seem to remember a similar instance some years ago.
Do you have any paperwork from your previous insurer lying around anywhere which may show evidence of NCD.

As i said earlier,i'm going to try and find my last insurance document. That insurance ran out, if i remember rightly,about 10 months ago,so hopefully i'll still have my NCD. It asks when filling in the forms online, how much NCD you have. I thought that info' would all be down on computer for them to check. It seems that it isn't.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
sagacar072017.gif

This is the cheapest quote i've received.

Annual premium
£498.55

Instalments total

Check with insurer

Excess
Voluntary Excess:
£250
Compulsory Excess:
£150
Total Excess:
£400

It's even more for a little Smart car,i picked out at random.
MoreThanCar0517.gif
Annual premium
£682.32

Instalments total

1 x £96.00

10 x £63.94

£735.40

Excess
Voluntary Excess:
£250
Compulsory Excess:
£100
Total Excess:
£350

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@Accy cyclist you don't mention the car you want to insure but those prices are way over the top. In May I used price comparison websites and got quotes 50% lower. I then tried Saga and came out even lower.

I'm 63, wife 61, both retired, with Saga, fully comprehensive, both 5+ years NCD:

Fiat 500 - £130
Hyundai i30 - £224

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
@Accy cyclist you don't mention the car you want to insure but those prices are way over the top. In May I used price comparison websites and got quotes 50% lower. I then tried Saga and came out even lower.

I'm 63, wife 61, both retired, with Saga, fully comprehensive, both 5+ years NCD:

Fiat 500 - £130
Hyundai i30 - £224

It's a 1.3 Suzuki Ignis. I got similar quotes for cars even smaller than this Suzuki.

vickster

Legendary Member
They should have the info on a database. Call them up

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
That's bad news. What happened?
You should of been sent a certificate of NCB when you stopped your last insurance from the company. It is normally good for 3 years.

Top Bottom