Car insurance question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Right,i've got myself sorted out. I phoned Saga who were the cheapest at £498, and for some reason they said they couldn't insure me. I then lost it with the automated voice machine on the phone to Swinton insurance:cursing:,so i went into town to see them face to face. They came up with a quote of 3 thousand pounds!!!!!!!!:ohmy: :eek:. I went to see the garage where i'm buying the car,telling them the sale could be off. Not wanting to lose a sale they phoned up for me and got a quote of £364 from Admiral. It's still more than i expected to pay,but a bit better than 3 grand!

JoshM

Assuming that you're not a troll @Accy cyclist (and I have my doubts), then I'm truly astonished that someone could be so selfish. You do realise that if your vision is as poor as you've made out in previous threads that you are putting others at significant risk by driving. What's worse is you apparently know this, and are willing to put them at risk for your own convenience. Did you at least tell the insurance company of your vision problems? Failure to do so may well invalidate your insurance, meaning when you hit something or someone, your insurance won't pay out. I'm going to appeal to your selfishness and remind you that would mean thst when you hit something, your car won't be replaced or repaired at your insurers expense. You could, therefore, be paying off a car that was scrapped for years.

potsy

Rambler
Assuming that you're not a troll @Accy cyclist (and I have my doubts), then I'm truly astonished that someone could be so selfish. You do realise that if your vision is as poor as you've made out in previous threads that you are putting others at significant risk by driving. What's worse is you apparently know this, and are willing to put them at risk for your own convenience. Did you at least tell the insurance company of your vision problems? Failure to do so may well invalidate your insurance, meaning when you hit something or someone, your insurance won't pay out. I'm going to appeal to your selfishness and remind you that would mean thst when you hit something, your car won't be replaced or repaired at your insurers expense. You could, therefore, be paying off a car that was scrapped for years.
I would never before have called Accy a troll, but this episode has me really confused.

How anyone can declare multiple times that by his own admission he is unfit to drive, then ask the same people for advice on getting a car is beyond me.

Those actively encouraging him should be ashamed of themselves, because if something bad does happen I dread to think what they will be feeling.

I am hoping now he really is on a wind up and his new 'car' is actually just a figment of his imagination.

Top Bottom