Car question - what`s the best small, cheapest car out there that will still carry a bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
Unless you are a billionaire I cannot see the point of storing something away without using it when it would solve your immediate transport problems. Its is certainly en expensive toy costing you dearly. Cars, bikes and bicycles are supposed to be used.

OP
OP
I
Unless you are a billionaire I cannot see the point of storing something away without using it when it would solve your immediate transport problems. Its is certainly en expensive toy costing you dearly. Cars, bikes and bicycles are supposed to be used.
It does get used, just not during the winter months. It`s a toy, bought and paid for 8 years ago so what`s the issue?

screenman

Legendary Member

We sold a 308gts in 2007 for £25,000 the car would easily make £85,000 now, that would have been worth storing. A crystal ball would be helpful at times.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
A mate of mine, Alan, bought a Lamborghini Countach LP4 QV new in the late 80s.
His brother, and business partner, bought a Ferrari Testarossa at the same time. They both paid almost £100000 each at the time.
His brother sold the Ferrari, in the late 90s, at a loss.
Alan kept the Lamborghini, its value dropping to a low of around £35000, before it started to appreciate. He only uses to do about 300 miles a year.
I went in it a couple of times and it was quite an experience - a visual, aural and physical assault. Bit agricultural though.
Countach's are currently going for anywhere between £250000 - £500000, so I reckon he made a pretty shrewd investment.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
A mate of mine, Alan, bought a Lamborghini Countach LP4 QV new in the late 80s.
His brother, and business partner, bought a Ferrari Testarossa at the same time. They both paid almost £100000 each at the time.
His brother sold the Ferrari, in the late 90s, at a loss.
Alan kept the Lamborghini, its value dropping to a low of around £35000, before it started to appreciate. He only uses to do about 300 miles a year.
I went in it a couple of times and it was quite an experience - a visual, aural and physical assault. Bit agricultural though.
Countach's are currently going for anywhere between £250000 - £500000, so I reckon he made a pretty shrewd investment.
Bet you can't get a bike in it though - what's the use of that?

XC26

I got a Dacia Sandero last year, the TCe90 petrol engine version, for 8K brand new. Very cheap to run, £20 VED, 60ish mpg. It has a good sized boot that can carry both my folders. I also bought the Sandero specific roof bars and can easily plonk 2 bikes on the roof using my cheapo Halfords (roof bar fitting) bike carriers.

Top Bottom