Carbon road bike suitable for commuting???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
The OP also asks if it's a waste of money, only he can decide on that depending on his financial circumstances. Sounds like he has commuting covered with the existing bike. If he wants a weekend toy or variety then it's up to him and his wallet

jack smith

Veteran
Nowt like a new bike @Cyclist33 im lucky than my commute is all downhill on a morning @MiK1138 thats to college though as im not working at the moment, the only downside is carrying all the clothing files and locks in for the uphil struggle home!

young Ed

Veteran
Would be the same if you pointed him towards alu, steel, ti within his budget too

Have to disagree with you young ed

Plenty of relaxed geomtry carbon around for commuting on.....i remember a certain mr haermoticrit buying a specialized roubaux disc di2 to commute on. You can commute on anything you like. Just cause its carbon, doesnt make it a race bike at all, its just a different frame material

All complete nonsense.
I see more carbon bikes on my commute in London then any other. He want's a carbon bike and carbon bikes are just as good on a commute as on any other ride.
Any bike will get nicked if an opportunity presents itself to a thief.
okay, i guess you both have more experience
TBH i've only ridden 1 or 2 carbons and only 30 or so miles then, no commuting experience and never owned one

so to avoid confusing/misleading anyone and to avoid looking like any more of a plonker than i already do i shall keep my mouth shut and just read and learn!
Cheers Ed

Last edited:

MiK1138

Veteran
Nowt like a new bike @Cyclist33 im lucky than my commute is all downhill on a morning @MiK1138 thats to college though as im not working at the moment, the only downside is carrying all the clothing files and locks in for the uphil struggle home!
i have the worst of both worlds I live at the top of a hill and i work half way up a hill, I blame the Iceage!!!!, Bl@@dy Glaciers coming down here creating our landscape

Top Bottom