Carbon road bike suitable for commuting???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
But "a carbon" is for "down and out races" innit!

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
No hes not allowed a carbon bike.........

Hes only allowed to commute on Alu, steel, ti, bamboo

Carbon is for racing only.....god some people need to get a grip

young Ed

Veteran
(don't think) i ever said he couldn't get a carbon bike or you can't commute on one, i'm so kind i'll let the OP do both on a good day!
i was rather just pointing out that you don't NEED carbon to commute, although if the OP wants carbon i haven't got a problem with that either and i'll just shut up
Cheers Ed

Citius

NO what you need to commute is a bike made of whatever material you choose - in this case he chooses carbon, as carbon is just another material..........and nothing else

So if I chose a commuter frame made of crushed and compacted digestive biscuits (like a kind of cheesecake base), would nobody be allowed to point out that it might be a mistake?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
So if I chose a commuter frame made of crushed and compacted digestive biscuits (like a kind of cheesecake base), would nobody be allowed to point out that it might be a mistake?
Thats the typical type of response i would expect from you.............

Citius

Thats the typical type of response i would expect from you.............

I think it's a fair question. What about if we added a bit less butter to the mix, to introduce a bit more rigidity? Although maybe that might come at the expense of a harsher ride, not sure...

young Ed

Veteran
on
I think it's a fair question. What about if we added a bit less butter to the mix, to introduce a bit more rigidity? Although maybe that might come at the expense of a harsher ride, not sure...
only one way to find out!
what about if we chucked in some golden syrup type stuff to bond it all together a bit more?

alright maybe i'm a bit prejudice against carbon, maybe that would change if i owned one
Cheers Ed

Citius

only one way to find out!
what about if we chucked in some golden syrup type stuff to bond it all together a bit more?

alright maybe i'm a bit prejudice against carbon, maybe that would change if i owned one

Not sure, I think you're moving more into flapjack territory with the introduction of golden syrup. Sorry, what I should have said was - "of course golden syrup is perfectly fine. If you want it, you should be allowed to have it"

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Well that's just stupid and to be honest the kind of response I would expect from a person that has no idea about cheesecake bases and other baking bases .
The only reason I can think of for not using a carbon bike as a commuter / winter hack is they are expensive . If money is not an issue to you then a carbon bike for what ever is fine .
Some people have aircraft just to get to work :okay:
P.S they make those from carbon now :becool:

young Ed

Veteran
Not sure, I think you're moving more into flapjack territory with the introduction of golden syrup. Sorry, what I should have said was - "of course golden syrup is perfectly fine. If you want it, you should be allowed to have it"
what the hell if i want to commute on a flap jack then let me! a digestive isn't the only material to build a frame out of!
rasins in my flap jack, would they add strength or would they just fall off?
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom