Carradice saddlebags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
ChristinaJL said:
the other stuff should fit in there ok, I reckon. or you could always try a carradice pendle - they're 11 litres I believe, but I've not seen one, and I don't think they have the extra metal on top for more straps, although you could always stap stuff on anyway with bungees.

Nope they don't. The nice man at Spa Cycles said "The Pendle isn't fully featured" when he explained this to me.

cape roll or even a zip roll strapped atop the saddlebag might work.

Darkmarkster

Über Member
think I might just get the barley and secure it to the top in waterproof bags as suggested with bungee straps :biggrin:

OP
OP
ChristinaJL

ChristinaJL

GregCollins said:
"The Pendle isn't fully featured"

I thought not. good idea about the roll bag, I might get one of those at some point - can't have too many carradice bags, can I??? (I am female after all!!! :biggrin: )

OP
OP
ChristinaJL

ChristinaJL

Darkmarkster said:
secure it to the top in waterproof bags as suggested with bungee straps ;)

The other option that a lady at Carradice suggested to me was the low saddle longflap bag - that does have straps on the top of it, looking at the photo at SJS cycles here. It's a bit bigger than the barley though at 15 litres, so might be too big for you? I quite fancy one of those in green to match my new green brooks saddle which arrived today!!! :biggrin:

Darkmarkster

Über Member
15 Litres! thats a litre for each of my shoe sizes :sad: that one does look like it would have more room actually,I guess I could just order two of them The Barley & another see what the size is like and return the inappropriate one as Wiggle are good with returns like that.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
ChristinaJL said:
I thought not. good idea about the roll bag, I might get one of those at some point - can't have too many carradice bags, can I??? (I am female after all!!! :tongue: )

They're not just for the ladies! I've just ordered a cape roll to put my tools and waterproofs in to strap to the top of my Barley, and a zip roll to use in place of my altura bar bag, which started to look too much like a plastic wheelie bin the minute I put the Carradice on the back.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
ChristinaJL said:
The other option that a lady at Carradice suggested to me was the low saddle longflap bag - that does have straps on the top of it, looking at the photo at SJS cycles here. It's a bit bigger than the barley though at 15 litres, so might be too big for you? I quite fancy one of those in green to match my new green brooks saddle which arrived today!!! :laugh:

I have a lowsaddle longflap.

Reviewed here;
https://www.cyclechat.net/

OP
OP
ChristinaJL

ChristinaJL

Greg, nice to see I'm not the only one who wants a collection of carradice bags then!! :evil:

OP
OP
ChristinaJL

ChristinaJL

John the Monkey said:
I have a lowsaddle longflap.

Love the surly bike, I'd love one of those one day. :evil: How's the brooks saddle? I've got one on my road bike, and just put an B67 ladies' on my karakum. :blush:

OP
OP
ChristinaJL

ChristinaJL

Darkmarkster said:
I guess I could just order two of them The Barley & another see what the size is like and return the inappropriate one.

I planned to do that, but ended up keeping both - the barley for my road bike, the camper for my touring bike!! :evil:

P.H

Über Member
GregCollins said:
Nope they don't. The nice man at Spa Cycles said "The Pendle isn't fully featured" when he explained this to me.

cape roll or even a zip roll strapped atop the saddlebag might work.

You're right they don't have the D rings. What they do have is extended leather strips with two slots in, these are to thread toe straps through to hold a cape.
OK they don't have to be toestraps and it doesn't have to be a cape, but some of us are traditionalists:biggrin:

For anyone considering a bagman, it's worth noting that the Barley sits better in a Bagman Sport QR and the slightly deeper Pendle sits better on a std Bagman Sport. Though of course it's not critical.

Darkmarkster

Über Member
ChristinaJL said:
I planned to do that, but ended up keeping both - the barley for my road bike, the camper for my touring bike!! :blush:

Which support did you order for the Barley? as i will be mounting it to a Bontrager race lite saddle on my Trek 1,7,my saddle is positioned quite far back so i dont know if I will have enough rail space.

Top Bottom