Cars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

I don't have a 'dream car'. I'm just turned on by motors the same way I am by the pedal cycle. I enjoy driving, but for me, it's the journey that's the thing rather than the vehicle it's in. I'm quite happy with the car I have now. Herman the German is a nice little A-class and he'll do me. I've driven stuff from a Metro City, Mini City up to a Lotus & a Ferrari, but I just can't get worked up about a motor...

On the other hand...

http://www.cervelo.com/models/2008/fullsize/P3C.jpg

...now that is an object of beauty.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Kovu said:
And just because it is small doesn't make it stupid
Who told you that. :wacko:

Melvil

laurence said:
they do/did. Minardi had one a few years back and Mclaren might have had too.

MGC for me.

Excellent! Now all I have to do is blag a ride in one - should be easy, no? :biggrin::wacko:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I would love a pedal driven Lambourghini Countache 500sl.
Or just a dead one with body shell, working doors, interior lights and a stereo so it can sit in in the garden as my stylish 'retreat from the family' shed.

T x

simonali

Guru
Arrows also made a 2 seater F1 car. There was a "deadman's handle" type thing in it that you had to keep pressed/squeezed so the driver knew you hadn't passed out behind him. Apparently it is the brakes, as opposed to the acceleration, that is the most amazing part of the experience.

I seem to recall someone making a 3 seater, which had a better view for the passengers and might be worth a google. The Top Gear episode where Hammy had a drive in an F1 car demonstrated perfectly to me how incapable us ordinary people are of driving one of these things properly. He was crapping himself all the way round and never got out of second gear.

My dream car would probably be a Porsche. A 997 GT3 would be very nice, but I'd be just as happy with a Cayman S.

longers

Legendary Member
mickle said:
I refuse to limit myself to one dream car. Nor one dream bike for that matter.

How about three cars then, just for starters eh?

I'd be happy with the A-Team van and a Jaguar XJS (one of the re-conditioned ones from down south somewhere).

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
You can't get better than an Aston Martin.:smile::tongue:

But I would love to own a 2CV.:wacko::blush:B)

Sorry, but I like them.

OldCobblers

A Citroen Traction Avant. Understated style. First saw one in the TV series "Maigret" when I was knee high to a hub cab and thought it cool even then

2CV = :wacko: (Maybe a rusty one in the French countryside - The South - the warmth...but otherwise no )

I like vans - got a Trafic Crew van at the moment - room for lots of bikes/ wine/ rubbish. SWM drives an A10... also B)

The 'Veyron' is one impressive car - far too good for me. I'll leave Patrick to report on how they really handle - now his has 'run in'...:smile:

laurence said:
they do/did. Minardi had one a few years back and Mclaren might have had too.

MGC for me.

The old man has an MGC GT, 1969. Doesn't handle as nice as an MGB though. Too much weight over the front with that straight six. But it does sound luverly once its over 3000rpm!

My favourite would have to be a 1971 Lamborghini Miura SV.

i'd have 2. A Caterham or Elise for the fun, and something comfortable for the family. Probably an Audi.

I don't think I'd be bothered in spending over £50,000.

A mate has got an Elise, all fairly standard except for the near slick tyres. You're right M.P. £50,000 does seem over the top once you've been out in an Elise. We've been coming back from Donington going through a set of corners, I lean over and tell him "you could of gone faster!" only to be told we were doing "over 90!" I thought we were only doing 50!
The other party trick is when going down a dual carriage way with a series of roundabouts you stick religiously at 60 m.p.h. between them and let all the chavs come hairing past at 80-90-100 mp.h. in their 106's, C2's, Corsa's etc. and then come past them still at 60 m.p.h. while they brake to 20 m.p.h. going through the roundabouts! The look on their faces is priceless. :wacko:

longers

Legendary Member
An old neighbour of mine had a lampost/Elise interface.
He'd been messing about on roundabouts and suddenly lost it on one, he'd been nailing them all day and hit a patch of diesel they think. He was very lucky to walk away from it. He got another Elise.

Top Bottom