Cars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Always quite fancied a Lomax, something like this:

lomax12.jpg

Utterly impractical, I know.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Arch said:
For long trips, or just swooshing about feeling wonderful, a Citroen DS
Oh yeah, we had this before sometime. I love these kiddos! The French may be generally objectionable, but the make a nice car!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Phil said:

lomax12.jpg

Not utterly. It seats more than one, doesn't take up excessive space on the road, and being based on a 2CV, wil be pretty economical to run and maintain, I imagine.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Crackle said:
You don't see 'em 'cause most are in the garage getting repaired. Anyone who runs a TVR needs to run two cars and have deep pockets. Most come with their own breakdown truck as part of the deal.

And that is why they are cool.
A person up the road has an old-ish TVR, we went out one saturday and it had broke down. Next weekend i was on my way back home on my bike and there it was again, on the back of a break down truck.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Rhythm Thief said:
I've never driven the FH16, but I've had a few FH12s over the years. Not as good as the big DAF 95s, in my opinion.
QUOTE]

The dafs just dont look as good, only looked in the cab, not been out in one. The long daf looks good, but the inside is just plywood. My dad has drove a FH16, and the room in it is amazing, it pulls well, but in the wet it gets abit twitchy, and that was only the 480.

Uncle Phil said:

lomax12.jpg

Not always the most important thing. I borrowed one of these for a week once and they're tremendous fun. A guy I used to know in the 2CV club has run a four wheel version as his only car for about twenty years. He goes all over Europe in it with his wife and their dog with all their camping kit in a trailer. So, not even that impractical really!

OldCobblers said:
A Citroen Traction Avant. Understated style. First saw one in the TV series "Maigret" when I was knee high to a hub cab and thought it cool even then

There was one of those outside my girlfriend's chateau for a while last summer, along with a smaller Renault of similar age, the T.A. was georgeous. The French TV were making a film and using her hangar for safekeeping at night.

Right then.

Any list of dream cars must feature the Bugatti Royale, the finest car ever made, right at the top of the list.

If rarity, beauty, value and historic provenance are the selection parameters for our fantasy dream garage then the Sharknose Ferrari has to make an appearance at number two. None survive, disappointed by their performance Enzo sent them all to the crusher.

In no particular order, and I cant choose between them; Alfa P2, Bugatti Type 35, Bugatti type 57 'Imaginaire', 1930 Bentley 8 litre, 1907 RR Silver Ghost, 1947 Cisitalia 202 Penin Farina, Lambo Miura S, Daytona, C type Jag.

simonali

Guru
I saw a couple of unusual cars today at extreme ends of the scale. First one was a Renault 4, haven't seen one of those in years and the other was a Lamborghini Gallardo in retina-melting yellow. Both nice to see, but I know which one I'd like to own!

Top Bottom