Cashless society......problem for many.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just listening to a radio phone in.
The guy was saying that he enjoys the theatre.
He has received a message to say......
1. The theatre is now completely cash free
2. He must order tickets on line.
3. He must show the downloaded tickets
on his smart phone OR print them off.
Problem being he doesn't have a smart phone or a printer.

This problem must be duplicated many times.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My problem is I've not been carrying cash - I have to make sure there is a £1 coin in the ash tray in the car for the supermarket trolly, or indeed a car park. Tried to change a £10 note into coins at the pub yesterday as I was playing pool with my daughter. They only had 2 x 50p's in the till :whistle:

If you don't have a smart phone or printer you are a bit stuck. Printers can be got for £40 though !

I don't use my phone much , it's only for emergencies. I hate the thing so cashless wouldn't be much use to me .
So how are car boot sales going to work ?
Some parts of Bristol used to have their own bank notes so as to encourage local trade .
If people want my trade then they will have to accept my cash . It's a bit like self service tills which I refuse to use .

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
They were saying on the radio that even Big Issue sellers have started carrying card devises/machines.

Julia9054

Guru
My problem is I've not been carrying cash
Found myself dancing cross legged outside a public toilet in Robin Hood's Bay last week for lack of coins. Along with a crowd of other people doing the same!

rikki

Legendary Member
The major theatres (here) are now cashless at their bars and refreshment kiosks. At interval for children's shows there are older citizens who have brought their grandchildren and a few dollars for a treat dismissed by the theatre staff with "sorry we only accept cards". It sucks. These venues are publicly subsidised and should better understand their audience.

Julia9054

Guru
Other countries are ahead of us. Went to Gothenburg a couple of years ago. No one wanted the cash we had changed - everywhere wanted us to pay with a card

Slick

Guru
One thing that this new covid world has taught me, even the young team can't work out how to use technology. They are great with twitter and insta, but get them to complete a simple online form to report a covid result is almost impossible. I don't think its an age or era issue that some people believe it is.

Top Bottom