Catch a driver going through red on video?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
That's well worth Roadsafeing here in London. Blatant red light jumping is often put forward for prosecution. I think I have six on the go at the moment, with two statements on my desk for sending off at the moment.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Some of the ones you have seen are pretty bad. Roadsafe are certainly doing what they can and a rlj is open and shut case.

Ibbots

If I'd remembered to charge my camera last night I'd have got one chap this morning go through a red in the bus lane, narrowly missing me and almost taking out a pedestrian crossing the road. He then carried on in the bus lane, undertook another car coming out of a side road before eventually pushing back into the traffic about a hundred yards up the road - so well worth it.

Then again, I wouldn't know what to do with the video and would have probably just deleted it when I got into the office like I always do these days. Pointless post really, but I wanted to share.

mr_dombat

What is "Roadsafeing"? Is there somewhere we can send our RLJ videos as my local police don't seem too interested?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
What is "Roadsafeing"? Is there somewhere we can send our RLJ videos as my local police don't seem too interested?
It's an online form where anyone can report dangerous/illegal road users. Add in videos and you've got some valuable evidence.
Its run by the met so they only cover London.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
"Holier than thou" springs to mind, shouldn't we be putting our own house in order too?

Am I responsible for other cyclists going through reds? Why should I put them in order before the much more dangerous behaviour of motorists? I'm not condoning the cyclists, and I would shop them if I could. Besides, I've done my fair share of trying to shame the bad cyclists too.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYTwzOVHF6A

posted earlier in the thread too. :thumbsup: apparently because I wave at the driver its a "threatening gesture" and he is free to break the law.

I have a few others that didn't get caught on camera but had no feedback from roadsafe when i reported it apart from the automated email saying it had been received.

did you specifically say they jumped the red light? If you didnt then it's hard to pick up.
That response also seems strange, a few responses have been and unless you complain about the responses then they don't get sorted.

Top Bottom