Cav and Sky

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/tour-de-france-real-reason-cavendish-left-sky-105115559--spt.html

“I had never been left stranded like that after a mechanical, not even as a 22-year-old neo-pro in a tiny one-day race in France. Here we were at the Tour de France, on a stage that I was the favourite to win, and I was the world champion. I was heartbroken.
“It was July 6. This was the date when I realised this could be my first and last Tour de France with Team Sky. It was also the date of my last conversation with Sean Yates.”

Hont

Guru
I read that and thought that it sounded like he and Sky we're butting heads from the get-go. I was surprised that he and Sean Yates did not get on, though. Cav seems like a proper bike racer, rather than a marginal gains, live by the numbers guy which I would have thought appealed to Yates.

The Nespresso thing is funny. I know he's a bit OCD, but still...

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I read that and thought that it sounded like he and Sky we're butting heads from the get-go. I was surprised that he and Sean Yates did not get on, though. Cav seems like a proper bike racer, rather than a marginal gains, live by the numbers guy which I would have thought appealed to Yates.

The Nespresso thing is funny. I know he's a bit OCD, but still...
Did you see the Eurosport prog where he got mad because the cutlery wasn't lined up properly in his kitchen, and Rob Hayles had left the kettle (I think) facing the wrong way!

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
This comment made me laugh:-

"I can't take anyone seriously when they say they take their coffee seriously, and then says they drink coffee made with a Nespresso machine."

Herbie

Veteran
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/tour-de-france-real-reason-cavendish-left-sky-105115559--spt.html

“I had never been left stranded like that after a mechanical, not even as a 22-year-old neo-pro in a tiny one-day race in France. Here we were at the Tour de France, on a stage that I was the favourite to win, and I was the world champion. I was heartbroken.
“It was July 6. This was the date when I realised this could be my first and last Tour de France with Team Sky. It was also the date of my last conversation with Sean Yates.”

Hey Rich....nice new avatar pic but I prefer your old one

You never want to let your coffee reach a tipping point.

Interesting: We kinda know, Sky is not a happy team.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Did you see the Eurosport prog where he got mad because the cutlery wasn't lined up properly in his kitchen, and Rob Hayles had left the kettle (I think) facing the wrong way!

Combining that with a near photographic memory and instantaneous environment perception, it must be murder. Though undoubtedly helps to explain his genius of finding his way behind the right wheels, through impossible gaps, in the last 500m well after his train has vanished on so many occasions.

Can't wait to see the new OPQS train next year...

Top Bottom