CC Fantasy Tour de France 2008

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

OK so I can now confirm that most of my team is under instruction to shoot off up the road in a futile attempt to ride clear, with about 5km to go, and then to slide effortlessly back into, and out the back of, the peloton after managing a gap of around 20s maximum.

Today first Moncoutie and then Piepoli gave me false hope, as Cancellara and Vandevelde did the other day, as Robbie Hunter has consistently done so far on the sprint finishes, as Gilbert did in day 1 and 2 also. Moreau is clearly past it. My remaining hope is for Valverde who can't seem to stay on his bike again, or Andy Schleck, who whilst having done nothing wrong, is less than likely to propel me up the table!

Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof Bof!

Noodley you are forbidden from setting up fantasy leagues. I was at least taking heart from Alan H's position and Will's, then I realised he had another team up near the flamin top!

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Tetedelacourse said:
I was at least taking heart from Alan H's position ...

:smile::sad::sad:

I remember starting the Giro badly as well, and look how that ended.

My team is consolidating in anticipation of a glorious push and a shove when the racing gets to the Alps (next year).

Chris James

Über Member
Down to 3rd now. Kim Kirchen is being an absolute star for me.

Can't see me getting many points in the high mountains though, since Soler has gone.

Robbie Hunter doens't exactly look dangerous in the sprints either, but then again he was cheap!

My Backstedt breakaway hopes seem slight too, as apparently he has been ill and doesn't sound fit. Millar has probably already picked up most of the points he will get this Tour.

So it is probably downhill from here on in (for me, if not teh riders!)

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Woo-Hoo!!!

I'm currently in first place!

Um, in my new side-league "Cycle Chatters against Soler!" Open to all CC members who've had any chance of KOM points go down the plughole along with a certain Colombian with an inability to keep his bike rubber side down.

Entry code is 11114028 if you're interested!

theloafer

Legendary Member
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... had cav in my team but read in cuclingplus he was was not doing the tour has he was keeping himself for the olympic,s so me changed him...not a happy bunny

Tetedelacourse

Right, I'm still in freefall and I'm now clawing out at whoever is near me in an attempt to drag as many of you down with me as possible.

Moreau is the tour's answer to Soler. Apart from Soler of course :biggrin:

biking_fox

Guru
Go me. Good day yesterday. I moved up 500 rankings on the main Velogames list that's quite a jump. However I'm still languishing in 13th in our minileague - A merest 2 points over John's 2nd team.

Chris James

Über Member
Soler has stuffed me up big time. If only I had opted for Ricco instead (with change left over!) then I would be in second place.

As it is the Alps look like they will be a disaster for me.

Tetedelacourse

Piepoli has given me a stay of execution and I see I've clawed my way above Will and Cotterpin. Could this be the beginings of a glorious rise to the number 1 spot? Nah, it's a lucky blip as I plummet to Dayvo land!

CotterPin

For a while there I had hope but now with two men gone and Valverde slipping I think the only competition I can hope to win now is the lanterne rouge. Or can I not even manage that distinction? :biggrin:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I have noticed a slight anomally with my scores but some one might be able to provide a logical answer.

I was interested to see who was in Team "Les Singes". Both John TM and I have Riccardo Ricco in our teams. However, in John's team Ricco's name appears as No 3 in his list, with 540 points. This stood out to me because we do not have many riders in common.

I have Ricco as No 4 in my list, but he has only 435 points in my Team.
IIRC each team has two all-rounders, and two climbers. So in both teams Ricco appears as a climber, I think. I expect there is a good reason for this difference of over 100 points according to where in the team they are listed. Yes, I know this is only a game, but I like to know reasons for things such as this. :biggrin: Does anyone know the answer. Thank you.

Top Bottom