CC Fantasy Tour de France 2008

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
I guess there will be a few 'adjusted' scores tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Do those who have Ricco in their team lose the points he won? And should they gift them to those who had Soler in their team?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
From the VG website;

Back-dated disqualifications and reversal of results (even for doping offences) will not be taken into account after the 2300 CET deadline, and the rider will keep his points. This rule certainly should not be viewed as an acceptance of doping. The technical and gameplay issues surrounding back-dated scoring adjustments are difficult. Also, it is not fair to excessively punish players who have selected a rider in good faith, even if that rider is subsequently exposed as a cheater.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Tetedelacourse said:

It occurred to me that if he's stripped of the stage wins, it's not really fair to keep the points, but I can understand why Velogames doesn't retrospectively adjust. We can always sit down with the sliderule at the end of the competition though :smile:

mondobongo

Über Member
Its pretty simple to do we would need to agree on what our policy is for cheats all points are forfeit or only points for wins are forfeit.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
biking_fox said:
Who has been the best rider points earned for points cost?

Koos MOERENHOUT from RAB cost me 2 and has earned 97 which makes in 48.5 points per cost... quite a bit higher than any of the big names?

(esp as Rico won't be earning any more)

Vandevelde cost me 4 VeloEuros and has scored so far 305 points.
That is 76 points per unit cost. But I suppose I must factor in his flight from across the Atlantic. ;)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
mondobongo said:
Its pretty simple to do we would need to agree on what our policy is for cheats all points are forfeit or only points for wins are forfeit.

I think it'd be too complex to recalculate GC positions etc (i.e. moving people in the positions below up) and scoring as though the cheats weren't there from the start of the race - it seems to me that the easiest way would be simply to deduct the points "earned" by an excluded rider from the team score.

By my reckoning, thats;

Riccardo RICCÒ
-565 from team score.

Manuel BELTRAN
-11 from team score.

Moises DEUNAS
-66 from team score.

Only riders excluded for cheating get their scores deducted - the players in the CC league who agree to this can recalculate their totals at the end of the race and we'll post the results/order here.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
On behalf of those with team members from Saunier Duval, other than Ricco, what happens to their scores?

The team was invited to stay on, so that the rest of the team could continue, but the Director withdrew the whole team. Other teams with someone suspended have continued. As we are halfway through the Tour, should we double their points gained so far. Ricco was the only one from that Saunier Duval in my team, but other Cycle Chat mini-league forummers might be affected. Just my 2p worth, what do others think?

Haitch

Flim Flormally
I can't see any justice in doubling the riders' points because they have been withdrawn from the race. I'd just leave it as it is. If anyone wants to draw up a mini-league without Ricco (or anyone else who gets caught doping) at the end of the race, that's fine by me but I think getting stung with a doper is all part of the game. You picks your team, you takes your chances.

Tetedelacourse

I agree with Noodley. Plus after what Alan just posted about Piepoli it still wouldn't work!

All part of the lottery of picking those who do well, those who don't and those who get caught cheating!

In fact 100 bonus points for the team with the most cheats in it by Paris.

Top Bottom